To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
3250 Mary Street
Miami, FL 33133
- Giovanny Flores
- Phone: 305-448-8100
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Part D Coordinator I
HealthSun Health Plans • Miami, FL
Posted 26 days ago
Travel - None
Experience - 1 to 3 years
Degree - High School
Relocation - No
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
HealthSun Health Plans www.healthsun.com is seeking energetic,talented and qualified professionals to join us in our mission of changing the healthcare experience of our members - making it easier, friendlier and more accessible. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career with a chance to make a real difference in your community, please apply.
HealthSun Health Plans is headquartered in the Coconut Grove area of Miami, Florida supporting the needs of Medicare Advantage recipients throughout South Florida. We are proud to offer outstanding career advancement opportunities, competitive salaries, paid holidays, medical & dental insurance plans, Paid Time Off, disability benefits, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan.
Responsible for assisting plan members and providers with Medicare Part D related issues in accordance with CMS regulartory standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as liaison between pharmacies, medical centers, clinics, Primary Care Physicians, Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) and HealthSun Health Plans (HSHP) staff with all member issues.
- Responsible for entering daily coverage determinations, vacation supplies and lost medications requests.
- Daily, enter all received OTC medication orders.
- Ensure accuracy of all documentation related to position.
- Assist members with issues such as: OTC resolution, medication delivery status and related questions.
- Become proficient with CMS guidelines pertaining to Part D related topics.
- Maintain electronic records as per CMS guidelines.
- Communicates effectively with other professional and support staff in order to achieve positive customer outcomes.
- Promotes and contributes to a positive, problem-solving environment.
- Assists customers, family members and others with concern and empathy; respect their confidentiality and privacy and communicate with them in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Complies with company policies and procedures and maintains confidentiality of records in accordance with state and federal laws.
- Ensures compliance with all HIPAA, OSHA, and other federal, state, and local regulations.
- Participates in meetings, training and in-service education, as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the healthcare field such as a physician office or health care setting is required
- Insurance experience in the Medicare and managed care field is preferred
- Knowledge of ICD-10, HCPCS, CPT coding and CMS guidelines is preferred
- Excellent computer knowledge is required, including proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong decision-making and organizational skills
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision
- Willingness and ability to function independently and as a team member
- Working Knowledge of medical terminology
- Discharge coordination experience in a managed care environment helpful
- Follow HIPPA guidelines
- Ability to type at least 45 wpm
- Ability to handle multiple functions and prioritize appropriately
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Must be patient in dealing with an elderly population and sympathetic to hearing or vision deficiencies
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts, such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area and volume
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Strong decision-making, analytical skills
- Must be self-motivated, organized and have excellent prioritization skills
- Must be able to work well under stressful conditions
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Fluency in Spanish and English required
HealthSun Health Plans and its affiliated companies is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all federal and state laws, regulations and executive orders regarding affirmative action requirements in all programs.M/F/D/V.
HealthSun and its affiliates are also a drug-free workplace.
*Internal candidates must submit the Internal Application Form approved by his/her supervisor before interviewing with HR. Qualified candidates will be considered by the Hiring Manager.
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.