To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Franklin, TN
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Commercial Data Mining COB Analyst - Franklin, TN
UnitedHealth Group • Franklin, TN
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum –a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 17 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
- Audit paid claims data to identify coordination of benefits overpayments
- Examine, assess, and document business operations and procedures to ensure data integrity, data security and process optimization.
- Investigate and resolve overpayments on all claims types, as well as assist in recovery and resolution for health plans, commercial customers, and government entities as needed
- Initiate phone calls to providers, employer groups, and other insurance companies to gather pertinent claim information, such as verification of billed charges, confirmation of services received, and coordination of benefits information
- Work directly with other departments to enhance and refine assigned inventory to maximize value
- Ensure adherence to state and federal compliance policies, reimbursement policies, and contract compliance
- Use pertinent data and facts to identify and solve a range of problems within area of expertise
- Generally work is self-directed and not prescribed
- Works with less structured, more complex issues
- Serves as a resource to others
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) or High School Diploma/GED with 1+ years of relevant experience healthcare billing, claims, auditing, reimbursement, or data
- 2+ years of experience with claims auditing and researching claims information
- 1+ years of experience analyzing data and identify cost saving opportunities
- Experience working with medical claims platforms
- Knowledge of Medicaid/Medicare Reimbursement methodologies
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience in healthcare
- Knowledge of claims processing systems and guidelines/processes
- Experience performing advanced analysis, formulas, data capture, charts, graphs, and presentations with MS Excel
- Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands/fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, long periods working at a computer
- Service center environment with moderate noise level due to Representatives talking, computers, printers, and floor activity
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords claims, medical claims, healthcare claims, claims processing, claims processor; office, UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare, training class, customer service representative, customer service, CSR, Data Entry, adjustments, phone support