To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
- Natalie Ryfa
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Machine Builder -Field Service
Kelly Engineering Resources • Elk Grove Village, IL
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Kelly Engineering Resources has 2 outstanding long term contract to contract to hire opportunities for machine builders that can work in the field where you will travel to install and service high speed production machinery. In this role, you will join the technical division of a global leader in the container manufacturing industry. This company value safety, team work and rewards individuals with opportunities for growth and cross training. The work environment is of a small close group, where team member wear multiple hats but with the professionalism and resources of a large international company.
Job Scope of the Machine Builder – Field Service: Will work in house to build custom machinery and overhaul/refurbish existing production machinery in support internal global production operations. Will travel anywhere from 10% (spring/summer) in the slow season up to 70% during peak season (fall/winter) in order to install refurbished machinery/production lines or to service equipment that in house staff cannot.
Essential Responsibilities of the Machine Builder – Field Service:
- Overhaul existing production machinery
- Tear down/disassemble existing machines, machine hydraulics, machine pneumatics, motors, control systems and parts.
- Clean/degrease assemblies and parts
- Fabricate older parts as needed
- Refurbish assemblies and rebuild machines.
- Rewire machinery
- Update or build electrical control panels
- Travel to locations in North America, Europe, and Asia to install and service machinery and/or production lines.
- Wire Allen Bradley or Siemens PLCs
- Work with plant staff at installation sites
- Read blueprints/schematics, work instructions
- Follow and strictly adhere to plant safety protocols including proper use of forklift, overhead cranes, safety glasses, use of steel/aluminum toed boots, lock out/tag out procedures.
Qualifications of the Successful Machine Builder – Field Service:
- Strong mechanical aptitude and experience building large industrial machinery or subsystems such as:
- Hydraulics, required
- Pneumatics, required
- Controls systems, a plus
- Motors, a plus
- Complete machinery systems, a plus
- Any experience with Minster or Bliss machinery a plus.
- Ability to travel with minimal notice, internationally required.
- Travel is estimated at 10% during the spring and summer months but can be as much as 70% during the fall/winter.
- Domestics & International to Europe, Canada and Asia.
- Paid travel time
- Ability to obtain a forklift certification.
- Own tools
- Strong safety record required
- Good attitude, willing to be cross trained in machine electrical or vice versa if you have strong machine electrical and would like to learn mechanical.
Competitive hourly pay dependent upon skills:
- When working In house, overtime is time & a half after 40 hours worked
- Paid travel time including time & a half for Saturday or Sunday Travel
- Double time pay if installing or servicing customer machines on a Saturday or Sunday
- Weekly expense reimbursement
For immediate consideration please email your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.