To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Salt Lake City, UT
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Operations Manager - Card Operations - Salt Lake City, UT, Hartford, CT, or Eden Prairie, MN
UnitedHealth Group • Salt Lake City, UT
Posted 18 days ago
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum –a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 17 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
The Operations Manager - Card Operations within End to End Financial Services Operations is responsible for the management of operations, including oversight of daily operations with multiple levels of staff and departments. Provide oversight and direction to the employees in accordance to the organization’s policies & procedures and regulatory agencies. Responsible for monitoring inventory, achieving required service levels, and driving process enhancements to manage costs and improve efficiencies.
Scope of role includes management and oversight of card related activities for Health Savings Accounts (HSA), Prepaid / Incentive Cards, Health Care Spending Card (HCSC), myMoney Connect, and Virtual Card Payment products, including but not limited to:
- Employer Group Implementations / Account Management and Client Card Configurations
- Monitor, Review, and Reconcile Card Files
- Card Management
- Error / Issue Resolution
- Vendor Management (i.e. day to day management, projects, invoicing, forecasting, etc.)
- Research and resolution of requests and escalations from internal teams and external employer groups
- Project / Issue Management
- In addition, the position is accountable for leading and promoting a team environment that is focused on providing excellent customer (consumer / accountholder / client) support, building strong relationships with partner groups / teams, ensuring a primary focus on providing high quality execution, meeting or exceeding service level agreement turnaround times for issue resolutions, and best in class service while ensuring desired levels of risk management and brand reputation.
- Key responsibilities of the role also include cost management, and identification and implementation of continuous process improvements to increase operational efficiency and improve the customer experience, as measured by Net Promoter Score (NPS) results.
- Drive individual development planning and regular performance feedback for employees within the group, with an eye to talent development and succession planning
- Hire and staff area appropriately to support peak periods and provide input to long term staffing models as systems and client complexity evolve
- Provide leadership and guidance to each supervisor and employee in the operations area
- Leverage key metrics to measure, monitor and report on the performance of the operations department including driving operational initiatives within a team
- Support new business development by ensuring operational structures, policies and procedures are in place to support the required operational activities due to new business development
- Execute tactical plans to achieve strategic goals; monitors the progress towards these goals throughout the year
- Analyzes identified problems to determine cause and desired resolution. Take steps necessary to implement resolution and reduce reoccurrence.
- Solve escalated problems related to his/her areas and maintain a working knowledge of the function in these areas
- Continuously drive innovative operational end to end process improvement through continual review of existing structures, workflows, processes and procedures using methodical analysis and tools that challenge the status quo by taking a leadership role in fostering a quality improvement mindset
- Drive 'best practices' in all areas of responsibility and execute on improvements in a timely manner
- Understand, address and articulate the needs of the business with the needs of the operational teams; ensure both business and operational goals are met
- Create a working environment that is energized, motivating and contributes to the positive engagement of the employees
- Identify opportunities to improve consumer experiences and take action to deliver on that opportunity including a feedback process to product and technology
- Ensure a preventative cadence is applied within the operation focused on early detection and risk management
- Create a working environment that energizes, motivates and contributes to the positive engagement of the employees
- Maintain high standards for leadership effectiveness and employee performance as measured by vital signs
- Drive action plan to improve Net Promoter Score (NPS) results
To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the qualifications listed in this posting.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 5+ years of progressive experience in Operations within the Financial Services industry
- 5+ years management / team leadership experience
- 7+ years of experience within a matrix organization
- Prior knowledge / experience with card (debit / credit cards) operations for consumer account based products
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Operations; Financial Services; Matrix; Optum
Share this Job Job Details Contest Number: 724077 Job Title: Operations Manager - Card Operations - Salt Lake City, UT, Hartford, CT, or Eden Prairie, MN Job Family: Customer Services Business Segment: Optum Operations
Job Location Information:
Region: North America Country: United States City: Salt Lake City State/Province: Utah Other States where Job(s) is Located: CT,MN,,, Other Cities where job(s) is Located: Hartford,Eden Prairie,,,
Additional Job Detail Information:
Employee Status: Regular Schedule: Full-time Job Level: Manager Shift: Day Job Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time Telecommuter Position: No Overtime Status: Exempt