To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Francisco, CA
- Vision Information Technologies
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
VisionPRO • San Francisco, CA
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job Description: Software Architect
This role is for a Software Architect who can support the ever growing range of software activities. Keys to this role are a deep understanding of software architecture, and how to develop, optimize and deploy solutions that leverage the latest technologies to create high quality, scalable and high performance solutions. The individual will lead or work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team of individuals of various levels of experience who will be driving new software and/or software improvements across the organization. The future is here, and you can help design it!
* Create the technical strategy for the Autonomous Vehicle ecosystem
* Spend majority of time doing hands-on coding
* Conduct code reviews and mentor junior members of the team
* Drive consensus with peer group and through cross-functional teams to improve and support software
* Ability to own and drive software architecture of a wide variety of complex systems from Infotainment through HTML to Analytics and Deep Learning
* Develop and improve complex software systems to have clean architecture and high performance
* Provide leadership to the organization on software architecture from the systems layers up to the application layer
* Hands-on and can-do attitude in developing solutions to software architectures to meet user experience, platform or performance needs.
* Experience with common programming languages from C through HTML. Broad experience with software at all levels is a must.
* Experience with platform software and providing platforms (i.e. browser platforms), underlying hardware abstractions up to cloud platforms
* Rich experience in software throughout the ecosystem from embedded, mobile and cloud platforms.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical field.
* 10+ years of software development experience
* Experience with defining technical product specifications
* Experience with making various architectural decisions given a set of functional and non-functional requirements
* Experience with Application, Integration (REST API design), Infrastructure, and Security architectures
* Experience with iterating quickly and applying Agile/Scrum
* Excellent communication skills
* Results-oriented, collaborative, and comfortable with ambiguity
* Continuously stay up to date and bring new ideas to the team
* Implementing Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment.
* Master's degree in computer science or related technical field
* Experience with Apiary, Docker, DevOps, Circle CI/Jenkins, Rancher, Mac development environment
* Develop and deployed to production on Amazon Web Services EC2
* Prior experience with Autonomous Vehicles
* Extensive experience with testing frameworks
* Experience developing in small teams
* Advocate for Test-Driven Development, Behavior-Driven Development, Pair Programming, Design Driven Development, Refactoring, Design Patterns, Responsive Web Design
* Mentoring and previous technical lead experience.
About VisionIT: VisionIT is where integration and innovation intersect. We are a global software development company and a preferred systems integrator, operating throughout the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. Our 20 years of experience supporting Fortune 500 companies has earned us the trust of CIOs and C-Level executives, because we have a track record of providing business value. In our Detroit-based Innovation Studio, we showcase the latest technologies being developed by VisionIT and our partners across cloud, IoT, mobile, infotainment systems, and virtual/augmented reality. Learn more about our company by visiting www.visionit.com
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical field.
• 10+ years of software development experience
• Experience with defining technical product specifications
• Experience with making various architectural decisions given a set of functional and non-functional requirements
• Experience with Application, Integration (REST API design), Infrastructure, and Security architectures
• Experience with iterating quickly and applying Agile/Scrum
• Excellent communication skills
• Results-oriented, collaborative, and comfortable with ambiguity
• Continuously stay up to date and bring new ideas to the team
• Implementing Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment.