To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Francisco, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Arcadis • San Francisco, CA
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world’s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles. Work alongside the industry’s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way. Arcadis. Improving quality of life.About This Business Line
Arcadis is seeking a Project Scheduler to join the Technology team in our US Buildings Business Line.
This is a site based position, operating out of Headquarter offices of a major Tech client in Northern California Area (Bay Area). The successful candidate must have project controls experience including, but not limited to planning/scheduling, cost management, and earned value preferably during all phases of Capital Projects. The successful candidate must possess solid leadership, technical, organizational, communication and presentation skills, and a proven ability to work in a dynamic environment. A work history that represents increased levels of responsibility on a progressive basis is important.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Participate in Project Risk Reviews, perform schedule qualitative & quantitative analysis, develop/maintain/monitor risk register. Preferred experience working with Monte Carlo, Acumen Fuse
- Participate in Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) creation
- Determines reasonable schedule logic, duration and constraints based on Interactive Planning sessions with Project Teams
- Research and contribute to development of new techniques, automation and standards; considered a skilled resource in organization.
- Develops processes that require innovation and ingenuity.
- Work performed under general direction; but with the need to act autonomously when required.
- Interacts with internal and external personnel on major matters.
- Plans and prepares proposal and standard implementation schedules for business units within the organization.
- Create master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet completion deadlines
- Thoroughly understands scope, drawings, specifications and performs mathematical calculations to determine work flow, tools, and resource (labor, material and equipment) requirements
- Lead the baseline schedule creation and approval effort for project sites
- Communicates with supervisors to determine status of assigned projects, capture sequence revisions, update the contract schedules
- Put together issue folders to capture impacts and delays to schedules and recommend mitigation / recovery schedules
- Prepares schedule status reports
- Will act as Owner rep scheduler for capital projects.
- Understand how to fully build and maintain an organized, integrated EPC schedule using CPM, resource loading, baselining, coding, and cost accounts.
- Able to work with contractor schedulers to incorporate data in the master project schedule.
- Utilizes critical path analysis and what-if scenarios to fully support the project team.
- Perform spot check site inspections to assess actual progress
- Identify and report schedule variances and trends.
- Suggest corrective actions and develop recovery plans over potential delays captured above
- Develops and issue periodic reports (e.g. Critical path report, 4 weeks Look schedule view, Full Time Equivalent Histograms, Earned value Analysis, Logic revision log)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or similar field of study.
- Oracle/Primavera P6 scheduling software: Certified P6 Basic Required, Advanced preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Suites of Software
- Client Focused - dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of all clients.
- Self-starter; creates solutions/alternatives; anticipates; acts on facts.
- Deals with conflict successfully and diplomatically.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to perform field walks and audits; this will involve accessing areas of the site using ladders, catwalks, and scaffolding.
- OSHA 10 Certification required, AACEI PSP, or PMI-SP a plus but not required.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.