To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Richmond, VA
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
User Representative I - UPS Freight
UPS Professional • Richmond, VA
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The System User Representative I coordinates the analysis and resolution of end user inquiries for a specific application. He/She validates requirements for consideration of rewrites and application enhancements. This position coordinates business and functional requirements for application enhancements and collaborates with Information Technology (IT) on deployment and testing. The System User Representative I reports to the System User Representative II.
The System User Representative I investigates end user inquiries to understand potential application problems. He/She completes end user application analyses to identify expected system outcomes and to determine the source of system abnormalities. This position develops data scenario tests to isolate the source of application problems. The System User Representative I also reviews application functionality to measure the impact on end users and to identify application integration needs.
- Uses system testing tools to monitor application status and performance.
- Completes application analysis to determine if an application enhancement is warranted.
- Utilizes knowledge of applications to determine system enhancement alternatives for resolving end user requests.
- Explores options with other colleagues impacted by the proposed change to determine if there are alternative courses of action that should be pursued.
- Analyzes business impact of system enhancements to evaluate significant customer usage requirements and cost efficiencies.
- Documents business impacts of the application problems to justify the requested application enhancements.
- Applies Database Knowledge: Demonstrates some advanced knowledge of database design principles; works with users to define requirements with minimal oversight from others; defines user rights; describes security measures, such as passwords, firewalls, and access rights based on user requirements; describes information organization, such as classes, links, records, and fields.
- Develops Data Standards: Follows standard guidelines to update existing standards; provides input into developing data standards with some assistance from others; reviews customer data to ensure consistent and widespread use of data standards.
- Project Planning: Develops and executes project management plans for basic projects of short duration requiring limited coordination and resources; supports initiatives with well-defined project needs and cross-functional roles/responsibilities throughout the project life cycle; manages minimal organizational resistance to cross-functional project demands; employs project management tools and technology (e.g., Microsoft Project, Program Management Group website, etc.) appropriately.
- Solicits and Gathers Information: Uses in-depth techniques to uncover new information or details that are not readily available; selects techniques and strategies that are appropriate for the audience; chooses techniques that result in more accurate and thorough information; implements strategies that minimize biases and preconceived ideas.
- Technology Knowledge: Recognizes the basic impact of technology on UPS business, services, and processes; identifies technological barriers in achieving desired objectives; maintains appropriate breadth and depth of technological knowledge for current work assignment.
Experience demonstrating advanced knowledge of database design principles - Preferred
Experience with using and/or supporting applications – Preferred
Experience using application knowledge to determine system enhancement alternatives for resolving end user requests – Preferred
Experience using in-depth techniques to uncover new information or details that are not readily available – Preferred
Experience working with internal and external customers – Preferred
Third-Party Logistics (3PL) industry experience – Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer – race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity