To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Denver, CO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Manager; Front-End Development
Job Juncture • Denver, CO
Posted 9 days ago
Other Great Industries
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Web Design and Development Manager will support marketing efforts online. This person is responsible for monitoring the day-to-day project initiatives and maintenance requests as they relate to the delivery of positive user experiences on web properties and applications. This includes the planning and oversight of new code implementations, organization and prioritization of on-going application support, and the coordination of deliverables with peer organizations in other locations. As a department manager, this position also supports the growth of code developers and user experience designers as they acquire and refine their skills. Successful candidates will be strong leaders, have solid pragmatic judgement, communicate clearly in person and in writing, and have a consistent track record of delivery.
- Manages the team's day to day execution, strategic planning, and identifying continual process improvements to improve quality, predictability, and efficiency of delivery.
- Responsible for personnel activities including hiring, performance and salary reviews, corrective action and terminations.
- Collaborates with the unit's management and Project Management team to assist with the scheduling of projects within the group to ensure accurate and timely delivery.
- Assists with the formulation and validation of effort estimations for projects and other activities.
- Allocates appropriate resources towards projects based on existing work load, request complexity, timeline, and associate skill-set.
- Work closely with project managers and sponsors, user experience designers, and other development teams to build high quality products for the client departments.
- Responsible for issue resolution and works with appropriate resources to resolve issues identified through Quality Assurance and production problems.
- Promote best practice development habits and highest product quality standards through regular code reviews and open team communication.
- Create and maintain technical and procedural documentation, monitoring system performance, and development of usage reports.
- Create learning opportunities within the development team through training, conferences, hands-on training, and mentorship in projects.
- Provides system support as required pursuant to release schedule demands.
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational ability as software development manager.
- Ability to manage, lead, and collaborate effectively in a team environment to achieve desired results.
- Ability to communicate and support senior level management and stakeholder groups.
- Ability to take a project from scoping and effort estimation through production deployment.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects in a changing technical environment.
- Resourceful, innovative, self-motivated, and confident in high pressure situations.
- Strong understanding of user experience/usability practices and principles.
- Experience working with and configuring Content Management Systems CMS (AEM) (aka AEM CQ5). Enterprise and Web.
- Experience working with working with Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud software and Adobe Campaign.
- Experience working with task management, version control, and team collaboration software (Jira, Stash, Git, Confluence.)
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the Microsoft Windows O/S and Office Suite.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience and/or education.
- 8+ years of relevant experience required.
- 3-5 years of experience serving in a leadership/supervisory/management role or experience leading a programming team.
- Financial services experience and professional insurance designations are preferred.
Job ID: 2GYQJK8
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.