To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York City, NY
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Structural Engineer (ID# 33629)(Senior Structural Engineer)
WSP / Parsons Brinckerhoff • New York City, NY
Posted 8 days ago
Experience - 5 to 7 years
Degree - 4 Year Degree
Other Great Industries
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm’s expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. wsp-pb.com/usa WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff has an immediate opening for a Senior Structural Engineer in our growing Transportation Facilities division, housed in the NYC office! The Senior Structural Engineer will be responsible for working on varied projects under the direction of Senior Structural Engineers for projects in the NY Metro Region.
- Development of structural drawings and specifications
- Calculations for renovations and new construction of transportation type facilities.
- May perform regional site inspections of projects under construction or structural building inspections.
- Structural design of buildings, stations, and facilities, internal and external client meetings, above and below ground structures, coordination between various disciplines, development of contract drawings and specifications.
- Structural design of NYC infrastructure type projects including stations, industrial buildings, building modifications
- Various NY region agencies (MNR, LIRR, MTA, NJTransit, PANYNJ, NYCDDC, NYCSCA)
- Work includes design of projects for NY Metro Region clients (NYCT, LIRR, MNR, ConEd, SCA, PANY&NJ, etc.). Daily tasks include drawing development, coordination between disciplines, internal meetings, and structural design.
- BS in Civil Engineering with an emphasis on structural engineering
- MS in Civil Engineering
- 5 to 7 years of experience
- Understanding of NYC Building Codes
- Knowledge of construction drawing standards
- Full understanding using STAAD, SAP, RAM Steel is required
- AutoCAD and Microstation a must
- REVIT (or the ability to quickly learn)
- MS Project and MS Office Suite including PowerPoint
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Attention to detail and highly organized
- Self starter, able to work independently and able to multi-task
- New York/Tri-State Area residents only
- PE Licensed or capable of obtaining PE within 1year
Job ID: 33629
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.