To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Minnetonka, MN
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Healthcare Analytics Consultant - Telecommute
UnitedHealth Group • Minnetonka, MN
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
At UnitedHealthcare we unite the brightest and most innovative minds to transform organizations and improve health care through information, technology, and innovation.
UnitedHealth Care Advanced Research and Analytics (ARA) specializes in improving the performance of the health system by providing analytics, technology, and consulting services that enable better decisions and performance. We integrate workflow solutions that deliver data in real-time, create actionable insights, and drive innovation across the healthcare industry.
What can YOU do in UnitedHealthcare to change the healthcare industry? The possibilities and the impact on the Advanced Research and Analytics team are limitless. No matter what your role is you will be empowered to ask more questions, develop better solutions and help make the health care system greater than ever. It's always fresh. It's always exciting. And it's never been more important.
What makes your Healthcare Analytics career greater with UnitedHealthcare? Advancement, access to data, ability to impact the healthcare industry, and rewards for delivering on our mission; Helping People Live Healthier Lives.(sm)
The Healthcare Analytics Consultant is responsible for identifying operational improvement opportunities within UnitedHealth Group, managing analytical project portfolios, performing comprehensive research and analysis, and working with data science teams to deliver on transformative solutions within the enterprise. These managers are ultimately accountable for the appropriate usage of data, business intelligence, analytics and technology to contribute towards fulfilling goals such as enhancing constituent experience, optimizing operations, strengthening regulatory compliance and more.
- Combine their technical expertise with the ability to architect, deploy, and oversee integrated analytics/business intelligence / technology solutions.
- Consult with leaders of internal client teams and manage expectations, meet project and deliverable timelines, ensure accurate and timely completion of deliverables.
- Collaborate with several other teams and roles across the business on requirements gathering and solution deployment.
- Make analytical product, service or process decisions likely to impact multiple groups of employees and/or customers (internal or external).
- Manage technology solutions portfolios, and identifying new technology approaches to solve business problems with a strong focus on leveraging enterprise data.
- Contribute to the building and management of the analytics infrastructure for the Advanced Research & Analytics (ARA) team.
- Work with Analytics Directors on staffing needs, strategic technology trend identification, monitoring project progress and completion, issue resolution and technical solutions related to data, data flow and advising on algorithm deployment.
- Collaborate with analytics practitioners, business analysts and methodologists to design and oversee the development of working prototypes of technical solutions.
- Facilitate the creation of complex statistical statements on healthcare data that measures various aspects of healthcare services, consumer episodes, and operational events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Economics, Healthcare Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Biostatistics, Computer Science, Theoretical Physics, Quantitative Social Sciences, Actuarial Science or any such related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years in a technical role with at least 1 year of strategic consulting experience.
- Demonstrated experience in analytics and/or Business Intelligence solution management.
- Strong business acumen and communication skills (written & oral), critical thinking ability, strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Master’s degree degree in Engineering, Economics, Healthcare Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Biostatistics, Computer Science, Theoretical Physics, Quantitative Social Sciences, Actuarial Science or any such related field.
- Minimum of 3 years in business intelligence or advanced analytics areas
- Minimum of 2 years in the healthcare / payer industry
- Experience with statistical programming languages such as R or SAS. Experience with Enterprise Miner or Enterprise Guide. Highly adept at data querying languages
- Experience with app development, analytical infrastructure development, and business solution consulting experience in the consumer experience, provider management, medical or pharmacy policy space, fraud-waste-abuse detection, marketing analytics and healthcare economics
- Highly experienced in data visualization suite(s) such as Tableau; D3JS; Cognos etc.
- Demonstrated time management and project management skills
- Ability to navigate and drive results in a matrix environment
- Ability to document and communicate complex technical concepts
- Competency to convert research requirements to analytical specifications
- Able to recognize technical and analytical problems and solution with minimal supervision
- Effective in fast-paced team-oriented Environment
- Advanced experience with statistics – hypothesis testing; design of experiments; data mining; machine learning
- Hands on experience with building forecasting and capacity planning models; stochastic simulation models; operations research and optimization techniques
- Experience analyzing and coordinating financial data, generating reports, tables, listings and graphs
- Advanced visualization and story-boarding skills
Unitedhealth Care, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, is comprised of three specialized businesses dedicated to meeting the health care benefits needs of individuals and groups; all part of something greater, but each with a specialized focus:
Together, we're removing the barriers that keep people from receiving the kind of quality health care that makes a difference. We focus on Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance as we empower people to achieve better health and well-being.
Come grow and thrive in our culture of innovation and ideas. Because there is no opportunity greater than the quest to help people live healthier lives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.