To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Francisco, CA
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Regional Chief Development Officer
ExecuNet • San Francisco, CA
Posted 7 days ago
We are seeking a Chief Development Officer in the Northeast Ohio Region to serve our community and support our lifesaving services.
This highly visible, external-facing role represents this region in establishing, reinforcing, and growing private philanthropy efforts to meet critical financial goals. You will be expected to promote a resilient, revenue-oriented culture centered on market-driven targets, supporting the Regional Executive in cultivating high-capacity donors on a consistent basis. You will lead your development team—including a sizable company of leadership volunteers—in blueprinting and executing impactful fund development strategies for Northeast Ohio’s individual donor base, corporations, and foundations.
The position will be located in the Cleveland office.
- Develop and execute fundraising strategies in close partnership with the Regional Chief Executive, Divisional Fundraising Vice President, and regional Board(s), attaining significant annual growth in the short term and diversifying the funding base towards long-term sustainability
- Meet or exceed regional minimum fundraising targets of $6m for the current fiscal year, adjusting as necessary in the event of major domestic disasters
- Fulfill national and regional fundraising metrics via a personal portfolio of major donors and prospects and in-person solicitation skills
- Collaborate with national headquarters’ development staff to identify and maximize fundraising opportunities
- Lead focused growth in major gifts areas and prospects, coordinating efforts with regional Major Gifts Officer(s); oversee professional development of Major Gifts Associate(s)/Officer(s) as necessary
- Collaborate with leadership to determine reporting structure for regional Fundraising Development staff, instituting best practices in moves management and performance measurement
- Oversee implementation of regional organizational campaigns (e.g., Holiday Campaign, Disaster Relief, and March is Red Cross Month)
- Act as a regional senior leader, directing the Regional Development team in carrying out strategic decisions and adhering to all reporting requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree highly preferred
- Minimum of seven years of fundraising leadership experience with an established track record of proactively growing philanthropic revenue from diverse constituencies; progressive sales leadership may substitute for fundraising experience
- Minimum of five years of supervisory experience
- Demonstrable experience in developing and implementing broad fundraising programs from inception to successful closure of major gifts
- Significant expertise with the Houston funding community highly desirable
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and fundraising database systems (e.g., Raiser’s Edge or Salesforce.com)