To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Application Developer
UPS IT • Atlanta, GA
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
UPS Capital is the financial services branch of the company, established to meet the financial needs of businesses while accelerating money and goods through their supply chains. By combining financial services with all other UPS capabilities, UPS Capital creates a key link in the UPS global commerce synchronization strategy.
The Senior Application Developer provides input and support for, and performs full systems life cycle management activities (e.g., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.). He/She participates in component and data architecture design, technology planning, and testing for Applications Development (AD) initiatives to meet business requirements. This position provides input to applications development project plans and integrations. He/She collaborates with teams and supports emerging technologies to ensure effective communication and achievement of objectives. The Senior Application Developer provides knowledge and support for applications development, integration, and maintenance. He/She provides input to department and project teams on decisions supporting projects.
The Senior Application Developer conducts systems and requirements analyses to identify project action items. He/She performs assigned functions and tasks to meet project plan and quality review requirements. This position reviews project team accomplishments to assist with peer development and to provide project updates for management and customers. He/She participates in defining and developing technical specifications to meet systems’ requirements. This position assesses detailed designs and documentation to ensure alignment with business requirements.
- Defines interfaces among systems components to ensure interoperability.
- Analyzes, designs, codes, tests, corrects, and documents moderate to highly complex programs to ensure optimal performance and compliance.
- Reviews and understands specifications to achieve coding tasks.
- Reviews, analyzes, and refines requirements and specifications to ensure quality.
- Develops and maintains system documentation to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Creates technical documentation in compliance with UPS Software Development Lifecycle to communicate and update project teams and stakeholders.
- Defines and produces integration builds to create applications.
- Performs build processes to produce software and to prepare application for delivery.
- Performs applications maintenance and support functions to support problem resolution.
- Provides maintenance and support modifications to developers, users, and external groups to communicate updates.
- Applies Information Systems Knowledge: Demonstrates an understanding of the strategy, structures, processes and procedures of the enterprise in its relationship with the business and its activities; identifies business representatives affected by information systems with some assistance.
- Applies Internal Systems Knowledge: Understands UPS products, services, and internal systems: asks appropriate questions to gain clear understanding of system issues; documents and clearly communicate system issues to appropriate groups (e.g. Information Services, User Reps, TSG, system users, etc).
- IT - Designs/Develops Applications Solutions: Independently performs duties associated with the SDLC; gathers input from multiple sources with some guidance; performs analyses, designs, codes, tests, and documents moderate to highly complex applications software.
- IT - Knowledge of Emerging Technology: Assists with application of new technologies for solving business information needs. Supports new technologies. Maintains basic understanding of potential risks and rewards with emerging technologies.
- IT - Problem Management: Assists with the implementation of agreed upon problem remedies and preventative measures.
- IT - Processes, Methods, and Tools: Demonstrates proficiency in the use of at least one system tool or utility and working knowledge of several other types of system tools or utilities; develops, administers, and/or supports systems and applications processes with limited assistance; measures the capabilities of individual system tools to satisfy development, support, and process needs.
- Project Planning: Develops and executes project management plans for basic projects of short duration requiring limited coordination and resources; supports initiatives with well-defined project needs and cross-functional roles/responsibilities throughout the project life cycle; manages minimal organizational resistance to cross-functional project demands; employs project management tools and technology (e.g., Microsoft Project, Program Management Group website, etc.) appropriately.
- Technical Problem Solving and Analytical Processes: Conducts root cause analysis and diagnoses and manages technical problems using pre-defined steps, limited experience, and available tools. Identifies and documents changes that need to be made to established procedures. Makes recommendations and resolves moderately complex technical problems. Contributes to the identification of inefficiencies and deficiencies in processes and applications during walk throughs, tests, and actual execution. Proposes improvements to processes and applications and executes the agreed upon changes designed to improve processes and applications.
- Technical Writing: Uses the appropriate style, level of detail, grammar, and organization of thought in technical writing; drafts standard specialized or technical documents using templates and job aids; considers the end-user’s perspective when creating technical documents.
- Technology Knowledge: Recognizes the basic impact of technology on UPS business, services, and processes; identifies technological barriers in achieving desired objectives; maintains appropriate breadth and depth of technological knowledge for current work assignment.
- Experience with Database programing - Preferred
- Working knowledge with Agile Environment - Preferred
- Significant knowledge of Web API and Entity Framework - Preferred
- Domain knowledge of Logistics, Insurance, and Accounting - Preferred
- Experience with additional tools like Xamarin, TFS, and third party tools like Telerik and Nunit – Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer – race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity