To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Francisco, CA
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior IT Project Manager
KellyMitchell • San Francisco, CA
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Senior IT Project Manager
An IT Project Manager leads a team that develops new applications, designs and installs new IT Application and related technical architecture and infrastructure systems, or enhances existing systems. Project Managers are responsible for assembling the project team and using the provided cost and scheduling tools to define the scope, budget, and resource needs, and controlling other project variables. PMs also function as a liaison between IT and the Business Client, and act as the go-to person that represents the entire project from the planning through to the deployment stage
Responsible for the concurrent management of one or more small-to-medium complex projects. These projects are one-time, multitask jobs that have clearly defined start and end dates, a specific scope of work, a budget, required resources, and a specified performance objective to be achieved.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance with broad scope and high complexity
- Responsible for leading one or more projects typically between $100,000 - $2,000,000
- Gathering, defining and documenting project requirements
- Clearly defining and communicating roles, responsibilities and expectations for all members of the project team
- Obtaining and defining staffing requirements and forming project teams
- Independently planning all associated work to meet project goals
- Be able to think out of the box to creatively solve complex project challenges
- Providing direction and leadership to project management analysts and schedulers
- Developing metrics, procedures, objectives and methods to assess project progress while utilizing established standards and quality objectives
- Conducting project kick-off meetings
- Communicating individual project roles and expectations
- Ensuring all project team members have the tools and training necessary to perform effectively
- Driving all project related tasks to completion
- Developing and Maintaining up-to-date detailed project schedules and work plans
- Monitoring critical project milestones, and identifying ways to resolve schedule issues
- Assessing project performance and implementing changes as necessary to ensure the projects remains within specified cost, schedule, scope and quality objectives
- Communicating status of all projects to stakeholders and management
- Developing and maintaining a productive working relationship with project sponsors, vendors and key clients
- Resolving problems of project specific scope within procedural guidelines
- Exercising independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance with moderate scope and complexity
- Preparing all project documentation for closure, storage, and possible auditing activities, ensuring technical accuracy
- Functioning in a process oriented environment
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge and technical competence
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Finance, Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience managing one or more moderately complex Finance business technology/application implementation projects especially related Lease accounting.
- Implementation experience on 2 full life cycle Enterprise finance projects
- Strong Communications skills, able to speak at all levels of the organization
- Excellent presentations skills
- Goal oriented
- Experience with IT methodology and IT professional service agreements
- Project Management Professional (PMP) from PMI.
- Advanced understanding of project management principles and methodologies
- Workforce planning and resource management skills
- Ability to function and manage in a matrixed environment
- Solid PM skills with experience in Financial Systems such as SAP/Oracle
- Skilled in using the project management tool such as HP PPMC
- Advance skill using MS Office applications
- Experience working in a PMO environment as Project Lead or Project Manager for medium to complex projects
- Project Management experience with SAP or Oracle Finance and Lease accounting areas and supporting applications (e.g. SAP Financials, PowerPlant, FM systems, SAP BW, etc.).
- Prior experience using a Project management tool e.g. HP PPMc, Clarity or Primavera
- Project experience in 3rd party implementation model/delivery