To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dallas, TX
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
1st Partners & Co, Inc. • Dallas, TX
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
MISSION AND SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Graphic Designer is an essential member of the company that supports the day-to-day operations of the Marketing Group and Client Experience Division by contributing to the development and delivery of marketing tools, campaigns and content. Reporting to the Director of Marketing Communications, the Graphic Designer is responsible for the layout and design of marketing materials using a variety of graphic and web applications. The Graphic Designer must be able to handle multiple projects, quick turnaround times and the production of a large amount of collateral materials.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
All responsibilities are generally performed on a daily basis, unless otherwise noted. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with the art director to update and design collateral based on marketing strategies.
- Develop original concepts and graphics.
- Apply brand standards across all marketing materials.
- Update existing materials for current brand standards.
- Update and create the design and layout for event collateral and corporate publications (including but not limited to brochures, newsletters, direct mail, advertisements, identity, etc.).
- Heavy production work — prepare files for print. Ensure the quality and accuracy of all marketing materials by carefully reviewing work and adhering to the correct use of established brand standards and conventions.
- Code and build templates for emails, landing pages, forms, etc.
- Website modifications and blog publishing on the Drupal platform.
- Maintain electronic file archive.
- Choose relevant stock images and direct in-house photographer on shoots needed.
- Adhere to the highest confidentiality standards.
- Assist with special events, communications and multi-media as needed.
- Work directly with vendors to complete marketing efforts as requested by the art director, may include requesting printer quotes, controlling costs, providing deadlines, choosing paper stock, etc.
- Provide general assistance as needed.
- Create PowerPoint templates and review/modify presentations as needed to comply with brand standards.
- Create Word templates and review/modify as needed to comply with brand standards.
- Complete Clampitt Paper School (1-day class) within 8 months of employment.
• Bachelor's degree in graphic design or fine arts.
• Minimum one (1) to three (3) years of experience in graphic design preferably in a corporate setting.
- Detail-oriented with strong proofreading skills
- Efficient and organized with the ability to oversee a large variety of projects to completion
- Produce quality and accurate work under tight deadlines.
- Experience in print production — familiar with pre-press and printing processes and requirements
- Exceptional eye for design and typography proven through an extensive portfolio
- Excellent working knowledge of the following programs: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, Dreamweaver, and MS office (specifically PowerPoint and Word) with the desire to learn new software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be comfortable following direction and implementing changes based on constructive criticism. Must also be comfortable reviewing designs and giving constructive criticism.
- Ability to work independently, but also thrive in a team environment
- Ability to help create, refine and follow corporate branding standards
- Proficient in Windows operating system
RequiredVerbal and written communication skills Advanced
Microsoft Word Advanced
Microsoft Excel Intermediate
Microdot PowerPoint Advanced
Adobe Creative Suite Advanced
PreferredTakes initiative Intermediate
Planning and organizing skills Advanced
Goal oriented Intermediate
Driving for results Intermediate
Attention to detail Advanced
Team player Advanced
Team Player Works well as a member of a group
Thought Provoking Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
Innovative Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Enthusiastic Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Detail Oriented Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Goal Completion Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Flexibility Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Ability to Make an Impact Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Growth Opportunities Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Licenses & Certifications