To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Phoenix, AZ
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Business Analyst - Phoenix, AZ or Santa Ana, CA or Telecommute
UnitedHealth Group • Phoenix, AZ
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
You believe data can help reshape the future, and you find yourself loving the thrill of diving into challenging analysis. At UnitedHealth Group, you'll find an organization that will recognize those talents and have lots of growth potential. Here, you will be empowered, supported and encouraged to use your analysis expertise to help change the future of health care. Does the challenge intrigue you?
As a key member of the Encounter Data Submission team for Risk Quality Network Solutions within Optum Shared Services, you will be part of UnitedHealth Group's mission of helping people live healthier lives. As a Senior Business Analyst, you will be working with the leadership, management, and staff to provide information, trends and data in a meaningful way that will allow for better strategic and operational decisions. This is a data focused position that develops information tracking systems, preparing and displaying data concerning operations, improvement initiatives, and system changes. You will serve as the technical, programming liaison; participate in creating dashboards, executing ad hoc and scheduled reports as required. This Senior Analyst role has a desired programming emphasis with a focus on automation and scheduling, and development of extensive quality control checks. You will also work with other Optum Shared Service groups to ensure accurate data execution. Join us! There's never been a better time to do your life's best work.(sm)
- Monitor and manage supplemental encounter data processing for submission to CMS for Medicare Part C
- Monitor and manage supplemental encounter data processing for submission to HHS for Affordable Care Act plans
- Support short and long - term operational business processes through data management analysis
- Present recommended process improvement solutions through research and analysis of data and implement when appropriate
- Define, coordinate and implement new reporting as requested by Optum Shared Services leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Computer Sciences or related field or equivalent work experience
- 3+ year of Business Analysis experience
- Experience defining and documenting Business Requirements based on Analysis
- Experience with process improvement, workflow, benchmarking and / or evaluation of required processes in a collaborative environment
- Intermediate level of proficiency with PC - based software programs and automated database management systems required (Excel, Word, Visio, etc.)
- Intermediate level of proficiency in SQL
- Working knowledge of relational databases and database structures
- Intermediate level of proficiency with automated database management systems preferred (Oracle / Toad, SAS, etc.)
- EDI experience / 837
- 837 HIPPA data format experience
- Exposure to BI Analytics Tools
- Ability to present data analysis findings in writing, in a report, and verbally
- Ability to research conflicting and / or inaccurate data and determine root cause
- Experience working with multiple health plans
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: business analyst, analysis, Phoenix, AZ, Arizona, Telecommute, telecommuting, telecommuter, remote, work from home, TOAD, SQL, SAS, analytics