To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Francisco, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Overnight Licensed Mental Health Care Advocate - Telecommute in California - $5,000 Sign-on Bonus
UnitedHealth Group • San Francisco, CA
Posted 6 days ago
You're looking for something bigger for your career. How about inventing the future of health care? UnitedHealthcare is offering an innovative new standard for care management. We're going beyond counseling services and verified referrals to behavioral health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Our growth is fueling the need for highly qualified professionals to join our elite team. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. Join us. Take this opportunity to start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Behavioral / Mental Health Care Advocate you will be responsible for case management and utilization review of behavioral health and substance abuse cases. You'll have a direct impact on the lives of our members as you recommend and manage the appropriate level of care throughout the entire treatment plan.
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You can improve the health of others and help heal the health care system. You will work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
To get better insight to this role and determine if it is the right fit for you, click here to view the Realistic Job Preview: http://uhg.hr/SocialWorkerRJP
Must be able to work shifts as indicated below:
Various overnight shift schedules available
Friday to Monday: 9:00pm to 7:30am (Tuesday- Thursday days off)
Thursday to Monday: 11:00pm to 7:30am (Tuesday and Wednesday days off)
Wednesday and Thursday: 9:00pm to 7:30am, Friday and Saturday: 11:00pm to 9:30am (Sunday- Tuesday days off)
Tuesday to Thursday 11:00pm to 7:30am, Friday and Saturday: 1:00am to 9:30am (Sunday and Monday days off)
Sunday, Monday, Thursday and Friday: 9:00pm to 7:30am (Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday days off)
Wednesday to Sunday: 11:00pm to 7:30am (Monday and Tuesday days off)
*Shift differentials apply*
- Focus on initial inpatient admission for psychiatric and chemical dependency patients
- Make patient assessments and determining appropriate levels of care
- Obtain information from providers on outpatient requests for treatment
- Determine if additional clinical treatment sessions are needed
- Manage inpatient and outpatient mental health cases throughout the entire treatment plan
- Administer benefits and review treatment plans
- Coordinate benefits and transitions between various areas of care
- Identify ways to add value to treatment plans and consulting with facility staff or outpatient care providers on those ideas
- Licensed Master's degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or Marriage or Family Counseling, or Licensed Ph.D., or an RN with 2+ years of experience in behavioral health
- Licenses must be active and unrestricted
- 2+ years post-Masters experience in a related mental health environment
- Proficient Microsoft skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must be able to work night shifts as indicated above
- Dedicated, distraction-free home work space with access to high speed internet
- Must live in the state of California
- Inpatient experience
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Experience working in an environment that required coordination of benefits and utilization of multiple groups and resources for patients
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: Mental Health, Behavioral Health, Care Advocate, Case Management, Social Work, Social Worker, Counseling, LPC, LCPC, LCSW, LMHC, RN, Registered Nurse, Masters, Substance Abuse, San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Bernardino, San Diego, Sacramento, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, CA, California