To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
SVP Wealth Management & Trust Services
ExecuNet • Atlanta, GA
Posted 3 days ago
Reports to the President of First Command Bank. The Manager of Wealth Management & Trust Services is given a broad range of responsibility and authority to oversee the daily activities of the Department to include the administration and operation of all accounts, as well as the IRA Custodial duties associated with the Asset Management Solutions program and other IRA brokerage accounts. The Manager will organize, plan, staff, coordinate and oversee all trust administration, operations, investments, business development, training, data processing, financial reporting, securities movement, compliance and risk management within a complex system where moderate to high operational and financial risk is inherent to the process. The Manager will serve as a subject matter expert for issues involving trust and estate planning and administration.
Provide supervision, planning and intracompany coordination of Departmental activities, to include:
- Develop and continually monitor financial plan/forecast and actual financial performance for the Department;
- Prepare and monitor departmental strategic/marketing plan and risk management evaluation;
- Coordinate processes within First Command Bank and First Command Financial Planning to ensure timely and accurate processing of client financial transactions;
- Monitor ongoing performance of third party vendors and evaluate the need for new or additional departmental support as required. Perform necessary due diligence in the evaluation of new and existing third party relationships;
- Coordinate tax reporting process for Wealth Management, including 1099 and 5498 production, as well as 1041 filings;
- Review Departmental processes and procedures; implement changes which will increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the Department; and
- Maintain appropriate staffing and training to provide quality client service.
- Maintain current knowledge of banking regulations, as well as corporate and departmental policies and procedures, to ensure ongoing compliance by Wealth Management & Trust Services:
- Oversee annual Departmental audit by third-party accounting firm; ensure timely responses to all requests for information;
- Coordinate periodic examinations by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency; ensure timely responses to all Pre-Examination Responses and onsite requests for information;
- Monitor department’s printed materials (forms, brochures, web content) regularly to ensure compliance with policies and external regulatory requirements;
- Monitor industry publications and attend appropriate industry seminars and conferences; update Department policies and procedures as required; and
- Ensure ongoing compliance with appropriate regulatory agencies, including the OCC, SEC and IRS
- Communicate in person, in writing, electronically and by telephone with high net worth clients and prospective clients, as well as advisors, regarding the ongoing/future administration of estate, trust, agency, investment management, ILIT and, as needed, Asset Management Solutions accounts.
- Develop new business and enhance existing departmental revenue sources
- Work with First Command home office departments and the Company’s financial advisors to develop knowledge of trust and investment management products and services. Provide in-person or webinar-based training as requested.
- Serve as subject matter expert in trust and estate planning areas and keep informed of trends and changes in the industry. Provide training to advisor courses in these areas.
- Respond to advisor and prospective client inquiries concerning estates, trusts, agencies, investment management and, as needed, Asset Management Solutions accounts
- Develop marketing and training materials on trust, estate planning and investment management products
- Perform non-legal reviews of trust documents for new business acceptance;
- Create appropriate printed materials and web content for Wealth Management & Trust Services in conjunction with the marketing department
- Serve as chair of Trust Administrative Committee, lead Department’s management team, and serve as member of Trust Investment Committee and First Command Bank’s Asset and Liability Committee.
- Attend Investment Oversight Committee and provide feedback to Wealth Management investment officers;
- Represent First Command Bank and/or the Trust Department in bank- or corporate-wide initiatives to ensure that issues impacting Bank/Trust clients/staff are adequately reviewed and addressed.
- Provide ongoing hiring, training, coaching and disciplining for Wealth Management & Trust Services staff;
- Develop skills and capabilities of potential future leaders;
- Perform periodic and annual performance reviews of staff;
- Coordinate and modify job responsibilities as necessary; and
- Assist staff in researching and resolving administrative, investment and operational issues and sensitive client relation situations.
- College degree required with a preference for a business or related degree; MBA or JD preferred
- 15+ years of experience in personal trust administration or related field
- Previous supervisory experience required
- Advanced trust school (CTFA) or other professional designation (i.e. CPA, CFP) required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of trust accounting
- Thorough understanding of Trust services and tax laws
- Strong ability to use, and familiarity with, technical and spreadsheet software
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing systematic processes to complete projects
- Current working knowledge of investment products required
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills required, with the ability to communicate complex concepts in simple terms
- Ability to travel, as needed, to meet with third party vendors, attend training, or work with advisors/clients/prospects
- Ability to compassionately handle client and advisor issues
- High level of problem-solving skills
- Must be detail-oriented and possess strong organizational skills