To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Midland, MI
- Tracy Jani
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Logistics Service Coordinator
Kelly Services • Midland, MI
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Kelly Services is seeking candidates for a Logistics Service Coordinator role with an industry leading, Fortune 500, global, chemical manufacturing company in Midland, Michigan.
The Logistics Service Coordinator (LSC) provides bulk liquid tank truck (BLTT) shipment coverage for Overflow, Rush, and Campaign shipments, as well as technical support for North America truck logistics as it relates to our Client's Order to Cash (OTC) and Material Flow Work Processes (MFWP). This role requires knowledge of truck procedures including systems. This role interacts with third party logistics providers (3PLs) managed by our Client, our Client's businesses, and JV affiliates to ensure adherence to work processes, identify and implement improvements, and solve problems proactively in order to enable the safe, successful, error-free shipment of product to our Client's customers at the lowest possible cost.
$15.00 / hour
Associates Degree Preferred
2-5 years Supply Chain experience preferred
Knowledge in SAP, Logistic experience
- Ensure SAP Table set up and maintenance of truck transit times and truck carrier notification of shipments are handled accurately and in a timely manner
- Provide Logistics Truck training as required to Client internal businesses and JV Affiliates
- Participate and lead implementation of truck work processes for new acquisitions and JV’s with third party logistic companies and key internal stakeholders
- Key Crisis Management Team member for Bulk Liquid Truck shipment prioritization
- Lead troubleshooting activities and problem identification / resolution (root cause investigation) of process defects (failures)
- Knowledgeable on SAP transactions to perform updates and troubleshoot
- Ability to perform various tasks in team as a trained back-up
- Utilize Client’s core and approved carriers to secure coverage for overflow, rush, and campaign shipment, while ensuring customer on time delivery (OTD) is met
- Day-to-Day Management of Odyssey Overland, 3PLs managed by Client for bulk liquid truck rush orders, campaigns, inbounds and carrier turn backs, (overflow) shipments. This includes monitoring of work, identifying and escalation of issues, etc. and ensuring adherence of related work processes by Client and 3PL
- Assist in handling requests for SAP table set up of truck transit standards and truck carrier notification tables to allow automated (collective) processing of shipments in SAP
- Role requires close interaction with Supply Chain Operations Leaders to escalate issues appropriately and implement truck process improvements
- Issue identification and/or escalation between Client and the contracted carriers and/or 3PL
- Responsible for metrics covering bulk liquid truck exceptions(overflow, rush orders, campaigns, etc.)
- Participate in and provide input for Client/3PL carrier performance reviews conducted by Supply Chain Operations (Corp. Logistics)
This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position, you must use the “submit your resume” button. If you have questions about the position, you may contact the recruiter listed below, however, your resume must be received via the “submit your resume” button included within. Please contact recruiter Tracy Jani with questions, concerns, or email applications at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Due to the high volume of responses anticipated, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
At Kelly Services®, we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.