To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Receiving/Cycle Counting Clerk
General Plastics & Composites LP • Houston, TX
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Essential Job Responsibilities: This position is responsible for receiving activities at the Distribution Center (DC). The receiving lead may also be responsible for preparation of shipping documents (including hazardous materials and other regulatory documents) as required for the return of RGA material.
1. Receive incoming material into the inventory system
2. Control and organize stock room inventory
3. Locate and organize received materials/items in the shop, warehouses and yard in a timely manner
4. Print and distribute labels and purchase orders for incoming materials
5. Scan and document heat certification numbers
6. Confirm that materials received meet Quality Assurance Policies
7. Receive all packing slips, assign a stock location, confirm that materials are placed into the right location and enter information into the inventory system
8. Organize material storage
9. Pull and record inventory for the production floor
10. Maintain accuracy of information and records of materials received and transferred in Syteline
11. Help with year-end fiscal inventory
12. Follow company policies and safety regulations
13. Other duties as requested by Management
14. Count and record results from daily cycle counting for assigned areas throughout the warehouse utilizing all types of forklift equipment.
15. Count and verify raw materials and components in the manufacturing area and finished goods including materials such as colorants and resin.
16. Assist in the reconciliation of discrepant locations and items on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
17. Assist in the daily cleaning and organization of the inventory in all warehouses.
18. Must be certified on all warehouse forklift equipment in order to access product in floor locations as well as rack locations to provide accurate counts.
Other duties may be assigned.
Other Job Responsibilities:
• Experience in chemical warehouse operations, inventory control and receiving is desirable
• Ensure effective communication and teamwork
• Help insure the Hub complies with all federal, state, and local regulations including OSHA, DOT, and IATA requirements
• Act within the scope of authority and remain consistent with company’s objectives, guidelines, polices, and practices
• Understanding of DOT and EPA guidelines for transport of hazardous materials
• Ability to express ideas clearly, orally and in writing
• Experience using a forklift
• PC literate to include experience with Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Word and Excel
•• All other duties as assigned
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
Educational Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent required. Minimum 2 to 3 years related experience and/or training.