To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dallas, TX
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Legal Bill Audit Adjuster
AmTrust North America • Dallas, TX
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
AmTrust is looking for a Senior Legal Bill Audit Adjuster. This role is open due to growth in this department. This position is located in our Dallas, TX office. The role of the Sr. Legal Bill Adjust Adjuster is to facilitate auditing of more complex legal bills on claims of AmTrust North America or by affiliated AmTrust North America Companies. They are also responsible for the prompt and efficient examination, evaluation, and auditing of legal bills within the Bottomline/Allegient Legal Bill software.Responsibilities
- Provides quality service to all customers
- Receives legal bill assignments from the Team Manager and or works the intake queue for self assignments.
- Verifies the accuracy of legal billing by panel counsel by comparing the work to the AmTrust Claim files.
- Compares AmTrust Legal Bill guidelines with the actual legal bills.
- Coordinate that all claims have enough legal reserves to facilitate the actual payment of any audited legal bill.
- Forward audited legal bills for appropriate payment by AmTrust staff.
- Communicate with panel law firms as needed.
- Communicate with the primary claim analyst as needed.
- Any other tasks or responsibilities assigned but specifically to mentor and train as needed new or less experienced legal audit adjusters.
- Good analytical abilities to review, exercise judgment and evaluate claims and legal bills in order to make sound decisions. Prior legal bill audit experience is preferred.
- Good understanding of claims legal situations, multijurisdictional exposure preferred.
- Ability to work independently with self-initiative.
- Excellent computer skills including are needed due to multiple claim systems and the use of the legal bill software, Bottomline/ Allegient Systems.
- Sound command of the English language--its grammar, syntax and style, including an understanding of the conventions of punctuation and capitalization.
- Excellent spelling ability and proofreading skills.
- Effective communication skills; ability to obtain information from others and deliver information to others orally and in written form.
- Organization skills; Business math Skills; Business telephone skills.
- Ability to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions; ability to respond to requests effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to work effectively with supervision and direction and exhibit good common sense.
- Ability to perform 80 percent sedentary work, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and negligible force frequently or constantly to move objects, including the human body. May be asked to exert up to 20 pounds of force periodically as needs arise.
- College degree is not a prerequisite for this position; however, incumbents should possess such skills and knowledge as are normally gained in the successful completion of a 4-year college program.
- Insurance coursework (I.e. IIA, CPCU,SCLA,AEI), is beneficial.
- Knowledge of claims handling and state laws and insurance regulations.
- Minimum of three years prior adjusting experience in an insurance-related claims field is required.
- Exceeds expectations in current position.
Valid adjusters’ license(s) in appropriate states or ability to obtain such