To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Francisco, CA
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
VP - Strategist
ExecuNet • San Francisco, CA
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The COMPANY Vice President-Strategist role is a senior, strategic position with a focus on building and serving accounts. In this role, you’ll contribute to the success of several major accounts, providing senior-level consulting, developing breakthrough communication strategies, and providing fresh thinking to our communication consulting engagements. You have a strong point of view and the ability to develop strategic work product and IP in change management, employee engagement, communications strategy, internal communications, human resources, or company transformations.
At COMPANY, our Vice President-Strategist works very closely with senior clients. As a senior strategist for the organization, you may spend one day running a strategic planning session for a group of top communications executives and spend the next day researching benchmark information on best-in-class communication structures. You’ll solve these day-to-day asks through a perfect blend of critical thinking, industry knowledge, research skills, personal experience, effective questioning, and a willingness to jump in and get things done. You’re a team player working well as a part of consulting team and mentoring and guiding other COMPANY team members.
If you love working directly with top communication executives, providing counsel to solve complex communication and engagement challenges, driving cutting-edge communication strategy and programming, and developing deep client partnerships to build long-term business relationships, this role is for you!
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Our ideal candidate would be offered opportunities to demonstrate the following skills on a day-to-day basis.
- Demonstrate deep, high level of strategic thinking in change management, employee engagement, communications strategy, internal communications, human resources, or company transformations
- Ability to serve as a sounding board for high-level stakeholders and C-level executives
- Have a deep point of view on IC best practices and a proven ability to successfully advise and influence clients about IC trends and opportunities
- Develop and execute complex communication strategies and plans based on industry best practices and research
- Understand and integrate formal change management principles in communication strategy deliverables; develop custom change management materials based on client needs
- Broad understanding of the global business environment and the impact on internal communications and employee engagement
- Ability to serve as COMPANY expert in certain subject matter areas
- Interact comfortably with high-level stakeholders and C-level executives; exhibit political savviness
- Ability to read, translate and/or adapt to client needs in the moment
- Collaborate with clients regarding communication needs and objectives
- Proactively anticipate, understand and respond to client requirements
- Ability to work independently on almost any work product and deliver complex work product and strategic thinking
- Listening Skills: Exceptional listening skills, adaptability, flexibility, and ability to manage in ambiguity
- Open to Opportunities: Open to development opportunities, taking on new roles and challenges
- Professionalism: Highly professional, high degree of creativity and innovation with strong business acumen
- Collaborative, Can-do Style: Possess a collaborative work style and a consistent can-do attitude
- Positive Energy: Bring positive energy and enthusiasm to the work
- Handling Conflict with Grace: Proven success in managing difficult situations; ability to handle conflict with grace and speed
- Strong Communication Skills: Strong presentation, verbal, writing, and proofreading skills
- Strong Storytelling Skills: Strong storytelling skills; ability to present ideas in simple, compelling manner
- Skilled Relationship Builder: Build strong client relationships; show up as the expert, and work independently with minimal direction
- Client Oriented: Client focused and service oriented
- Quality Writing: Apply appropriate writing standards and terminology, and follow client branding standards in all communications
- Positive Role Model: Act as positive role model for COMPANY culture, values and behaviors, and COMPANY’s Client Experience approach
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) required; filed of study: Communications or Marketing
Master's Degree preferred; field of study: Communications or Marketing
10+ years of relevant experience in change management, employee engagement, communications strategy, internal communications, human resources, or company transformations. Demonstrates advanced writing, editing, and presentation-development skills; project management skills; and consultative client management and consulting skills in the above areas
7+ years of independent or agency consulting experience for a broad range (size, industry) of clients with a strong track record of leading profitable consulting engagements that have advanced client business goals
5+ years presenting and selling new business
Proficient in standard business technology platform, such as Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word