To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Westborough, MA
- Alejandra Sibemhart Roblin
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Field Service Engineer
Kelly Engineering Resources • Westborough, MA
Posted 1 day ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Currently seeking a long term contract Field Service Engineer Technician with a home base in Westborough, Massachusetts.
- Knowledge of filtration or similar process equipment.
- Ability to work independently with minimum support when necessary.
- Essential Qualifications/Education:
- Relevant technical apprenticeship or craft equivalent in order to perform service on filtration, separation and purification equipment in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Relevant technical qualification to perform service on the respective equipment/system. Detailed knowledge of apertures, fittings, valves, measuring devices and electrical installation is a must.
- Cross trained in electrical / instrumentation / mechanical / process disciplines is essential.
- Essential Previous Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years post qualification experience in a service or similar position within the biopharmaceutical market.
- Factory test work and/or site work experience.
- Multi-discipline work experience.
- Must be prepared to work extended hours when required eg, overtime, weekend and holiday hours.
- Current driving license.
- Passport holder.
- Ability to travel at short notice – home country and abroad.
- Able to work away from home for extended durations.
- Work well alone or as part of a team.
- Ability to integrate into international teams, including understanding of cultural differences.
- Computer literate including email, office applications and general Windows features.
- Prepared to work in dirty or unpleasant environments.
- Responsible for costing and quotation preparation/elaboration for requested service activities at a customer site.
- Responsible for purchasing and planning/coordinating all service activities including spare and repair parts handling for the corresponding service activities.
- Responsible for servicing and testing of complete systems hardware including mechanical, electrical and instrumentation. Must implement design modifications in agreement with the Project Engineering Team and Change Control procedures.
- May be required to troubleshoot PLC and HMI software based on established design.
- Responsible for the elaboration of POR root cause analysis for warranty investigations and sub sequential submittal into the quality POR system.
- Responsible for the generation and implementation of written service and/or test procedures and risk assessments.
- Responsible for documenting system modifications and conveying modification details back to Project Engineering, through the correct Change Control procedures.
- Responsible for “Red Lining” system design drawings and operation manuals and forwarding to the Project Engineering Team for updating to “as-built” status.
- Responsible for training customer personnel in the proper operation of the Company's System. Must prepare training materials for various Company's Systems Technologies, including the provision of Standard Service Products relating to the specific technology
- Assignments will involve travel to specified sites (both domestic and international) to perform service activities. Travel may take place on evenings or weekends as required to meet the customer’s need. Travel schedules will be arranged as directed by the line manager and will be in accordance with the Company'sTravel Policy.
- Responsible for maintaining a positive relationship with customer. While performing service, the engineer must make sound technical decisions to meet customer requirements while maintaining Company’s commercial interests. Independently resolves adverse situations constructively.
If interested in this great opportunity, please submit your resume for immediate consideration.
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.