To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Midland, MI 48642
- Edward Smits
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Customer Service Representative - Midland, MI
Kelly Services • Midland, MI
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Are you seeking a more challenging, fulfilling new role?
Are you an energetic customer service oriented individual?
If so, Kelly Services has JUST the role for YOU!
Kelly Services is seeking candidates for a Customer Service Representative opportunity with an industry leading, Fortune 500, global, chemical manufacturing company in Midland, MI!
This is a short-term role anticipated to last until 12/2017 withthe possibility of turning into a long-term role or full-time hire!
This role interfaces directly with the customer, and is responsible for managing a defined set of business aligned accounts. The CSR is an essential part of the order fulfillment process and matches internal resources with customer needs and expectations. They serve as the focal point for our commercial organization and our customers, and provide differentiated service offerings, which results in premier service, competitive advantage, increased customer intimacy, growth and loyalty.
- Manage customer orders through Customer Service work processes and systems.
- Ensure a thorough knowledge of the businesses’ products, businesses, applications, and service offerings.
- Strengthen customer intimacy by developing solid relationships, understanding customer needs and gathering market intelligence.
- Serve as the Account Team lead to improve account management, meet the account plan and team goals.
- Coordinate activity at assigned customer accounts, proactively address issues, and apply creativity to develop and implement solutions.
- Identify and deliver value added services to our customers.
- Proactively provide differentiated services to our customers by thorough understanding of our service offerings.
- Differentiate between customer requirements and capabilities; choose the best/cost effective solution.
- Actively contribute to the business goals, in particular for Customer Service.
- Support commercial strategies with customers across multiple businesses.
- Partner with Customer Financial Services (CFS) and Sales to build effective relationships with customers in order to anticipate and deliver expectations.
- Increase quality of corrective action management process through active participation in problem solving.
- Understand customer order patterns, ensure balance with forecast, and act on deviations, to the benefit of Supply Chain and the customer.
- Monitor railcars at customer's location and proactively request release.
- The successful candidate will have the following critical competencies:
- Aptitude for learning new technologies and systems.
- Strong potential to develop skills and competencies required for the job role and beyond.
- Demonstrate ERP system proficiency.
- Understands and follows Order Receipt and Handling work processes.
- Thorough knowledge of respective work process and other integrated work processes, technologies, and applications (Order Receipt & Handling, Payment Receipt & Handling, Pricing, SAP, productivity and e-tools)
- Works effectively as part of a team and contributes to team goals.
- Understands financial reporting to interpret customer reports and business results.
- Expert in root cause investigation to mitigate future customer problems.
- Ability to work independently in a highly integrated team and communicate well with diverse groups of people across all levels and cultures.
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to build and maintain rapport with designated customers.
- Effective communication skills with others regarding customer issues and problem resolution.
- Ability to effectively negotiate with internal partners and customers to achieve a positive outcome.
- Ability to overcome resistance and manage conflict to reach favorable agreement for the company and customer.
- Consistent positive attitude that adds to our effectiveness and positive culture.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree required
- 1-3 years of customer service related or sales experience
- Proficiency in ERP SAP systems preferred
- Strong negotiation and sales skills preferred
- Strong aptitude with Microsoft Excel
- Strong aptitude for data management
- Strong aptitude for attention to detail
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. - based position is the ability to work legally in the United States on a permanent basis (U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident or qualifying Asylee / Refugee).
Due to the high volume of responses anticipated, only qualified candidates will be contacted
This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position, you must use the “submit your resume” button. If you have questions about the position, you may contact the recruiter listed below recruiting for this position by email. However, your resume must be received via the “submit your resume” button included within. Please contact recruiter Ed Smits with questions, concerns, or email applications at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
At Kelly Services®, we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.