To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Louisville, KY
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Plant Engineering Belt Maintenance Mechanic
UPS Louisville Worldport • Louisville, KY
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
UPS is currently hiring for Plant Engineering Belt Maintenance Mechanic position in Louisville, Kentucky. This position is responsible for maintenance activities that are performed to keep a UPS package handling facility operating efficiently and effectively. The work is sometimes fast-paced and requires routine interaction with other hub employees. Ideal candidate must be available to work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift. This is a 24 x 7 operation. Requires strong electrical background and must pass electrical assessment.
Major work activities for this position include:
- Troubleshooting, adjusting, and replacing AC and DC electrical equipment such as batteries, control stations, fuses, motor starters, relays, switches, timers, servo driven equipment, photo electrical devices, transducers, Variable Frequency Drives (VFD’s) and encoders.
- Inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing, and/or replacing mechanical components such as motors, reducers, drive chains, sprockets, sheaves, pulleys, rollers, conveyor belts, bearings, and transfer plates.
- Inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing, and/or replacing pneumatic equipment such as diverters, lubricators, hoses, and coils.
- Inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing, and/or replacing hydraulic equipment such as hoses, fittings, cylinders, and pumps.
- Welding equipment such as handrails, conveyor supports, package handling equipment, carts, and grating as defined by scope of work.
- Performing preventive maintenance inspections of plant equipment such as conveyors, bulk carts, and power industrial equipment.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer – race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity