To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Coxsackie, NY
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Truckload Supervisor I-UPS Freight
UPS Professional • Coxsackie, NY
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Truckload (TL) Supervisor I monitors UPS Freight (UPSF) Truckload truck shipments, and daily driver operations. He/She generates electronic data interface and transportation operating system (i.e.,TMW) reports and analyzes dedicated contract carriage (DCC) load weight, miles driven, and back haul (i.e., return trip) revenue to maximize equipment usage. This position monitors DCC and transactional load weight operations and manages service issues (i.e., late deliveries, damages, proof of delivery, lost freight, rate issues, and special requirements). He/She supervises safety, regulatory compliance, and daily operations of load pick-up and delivery. This position ensures on time service, safety, and compliance with federal regulations (e.g., Department of Transportation [DOT], etc.). He/She supports driver administrative needs, including payroll, equipment repair, customer service, and scheduling. This position supervises hourly employees within the department.
The TL Supervisor I reviews DOT regulations (e.g., driving limits, etc.) to remain in compliance with requirements, as well as compiles driver availability logs to monitor hours and gauge remaining drive time. He/She gathers and manages input of delivery data from trip reports to create, analyze, and interpret customer reports. This position prepares key performance indicators to present to customers at periodic reviews, as well as determines employees’ training needs to produce continuous development plans.
- Provides on-going feedback and support to improve performance.
- Communicates safety and compliance goals and programs to ensure employees understand and comply with safety and compliance requirements.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies (e.g., DOT, Occupational Safety and Health Agency, etc.) and company policies to meet regulatory and internal audit compliance requirements.
- Develops dispatch plans and identifies and secures resources (i.e., drivers and equipment) to minimize cost, maximize performance, and meet service commitments.
- Negotiates TL and Intermodal rates with outside carriers and evaluates and selects carriers, methods of transport, and routes to provide cost-effective transportation and maintain high levels of service.
- Executes dispatch and trip plans to ensure loads are delivered in a safe and professional manner.
- Develops and manages professional customer relationships at appropriate levels to retain customers.
- Conducts performance evaluations in a consistent, fair, and objective manner to encourage continuous performance improvement.
- Health and Safety Knowledge: Demonstrates a working knowledge of injury and crash prevention techniques; demonstrates a working knowledge of job methods; identifies root causes of injuries/auto crashes and recommends appropriate prevention activities; identifies and corrects unsafe work practices and conditions.
- Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance Knowledge: Demonstrates a basic understanding of the functions, regulations, and procedures of compliance agencies or governing bodies; takes a leadership position in programs that reduce risk and enhance safety.
- Vendor/Supplier Management: Demonstrates a broad understanding of UPS and vendor business needs and goals; reviews and recommends appropriate vendors based on business needs to internal stakeholders; provides input into the creation of vendor contracts or agreements; communicates expectations to vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree (or internationally comparable degree) – Preferred
- Experience supervising others - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer – race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity