To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
- Employer Flexible
- Phone: 281 444-0900
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Competitive Intelligence Manager
Employer Flexible • Houston, TX
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This high-profile role leads a group providing research, insights and analysis in support of business development, key client programs and firm-wide strategic decision making. An integral part of the Client Relations Team, this position helps to define and develop effective ways to cultivate, present and contribute intelligence, proactively, to enhance the firm's competitive advantage. The Competitive Intelligence Manager reports to the Firm's Director of Business Development. This is a firmwide, full-time, exempt position resident in our Houston office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Spearhead in-depth research on clients, prospects, competitors, geographic markets and industry sectors in support of business development and strategic growth.
- Professionally develop and manage the day-to-day workload and priorities of two dedicated researchers and members of the Business Intelligence team.
- Synthesize vast amounts of information from disparate sources into a clear, concise findings and messages for lawyers and firm leadership.
- Work hand-in-hand with business development professionals, pricing and project management team members, librarians, technologists and others to integrate internal and external data into a holistic perspective of the firm's position and opportunities.
- Team with other internal departments to improve how the firm collects and uses information for better decision-making.
- Train members of the Client Relations team, librarians and lawyer leaders in how to best use intelligence resources to achieve the firm's strategic objectives.
- Establish research protocols and systems to identify opportunities, monitor competitors and anticipate trends that may impact clients or the firm.
- Evaluate new research tools and technologies for effectiveness and value. Stay abreast of changes in the legal industry and how these impact Client Relations and the firm, overall.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Firm's Director of Business Development or Chief Marketing Officer.
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree a plus.
- Eight or more years of business development, research and/or competitive intelligence experience, ideally at a law firm.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, with strong skills in written/verbal communication, organizational ability, project management, prioritization and dealing with ambiguity.
- Strong analytical and research skills, experience working in complex databases and advanced knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excel at distilling and presenting information visually and verbally in a concise, effective manner.
- Highly curious and resourceful personality, confident and comfortable interacting with firm leadership and excellent client service orientation.