To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- West Valley City, UT
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Nurse Practitioner - PA-C Clinician, Educator - Utah
UnitedHealth Group • West Valley City, UT
Posted 1 day ago
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
In this position, you will complete full history and physical assessments for patients in the following settings: Senior Community Centers, Primary Care Offices, Skilled Nursing facilities as well as potentially in patients’ homes. You will be provided with the necessary equipment and medical supplies needed to perform the assessments and mileage is reimbursed per company policy. Document findings at the completion of the assessment.
Serving millions of Medicare and Medicaid patients, Optum is the nation’s largest health and wellness business and a vibrant, growing member of the UnitedHealth Group family. We’re also the career home for Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants who bring compassion and passion, energy and focus to their work every day.
- Work closely with Management team to prioritize educational activities
- Provider education around related topics such as: Quality, CMS 5 Star, Risk Adjustment, ACOs and other pay for performance based programs
- The position will provide clinical insight and perspective in a consultative fashion for the development of other related programs including: Provider engagement, Data and Analytics programs, Work-flow and operations, Technology development, and others
- This individual will provide physician support to clinical initiatives around government pay for performance initiatives for the organization responsible for Risk and Quality at OptumCare
- Primary Care/Senior Center Extender is an Advanced Practice Nurse or Physician Assistant who has completed the course study of said title and obtained the licensure requirements for the state of Utah
- The NP/PA demonstrates successful clinical practice experience to assess patients of various age groups and has ability to diagnose, create treatment plans and prescribe medications as related to the treatment plan
- Proficient computer skills including: the ability to document medical information with written and electronic medical records
- Understanding of Geriatrics and Chronic Illness
- Ability to develop and maintain positive customer relationships
- Adaptive to change
- Rapidly formulate a differential diagnosis from assessments conducted within the clinical setting with strong emphasis on senior conditions
- Emphasize and review preventive measures per evidence-based medicine
- Able to review medications for polypharmacy, compliance and educate patients on medications
- Collaborative review of chronic preventative measures for seniors for quality review
- Coordinates care with the patient
- Ability to formulate a differential diagnosis. Proficient in assessment and development of treatment plans. Ability to conceptualize the needs for the team or department and actualize plans for implementation. Empowered to develop plans of action and gain team consensus towards common goals
- Ability to communicate with patients, primary care team members and management staff
- Ability to make care decisions based on best medical practices with and without direct supervision or guidance by a physician
- Program Enhancement Expected Behaviors:
- Reviews the work of others
- Develops innovative approaches
- Sought out as expert
- Serves as a leader/mentor
- Regular and effective communication with internal and external parties including: physicians, members, key decision-makers, nursing facilities, OptumCare staff and other provider groups
- Actively promote OptumCare programs in the community (i.e. Skilled nursing facility, Assisted living facility, etc.) by partnering with key stakeholders (i.e. internal sales function, provider relations, facility leader) to maintain and develop membership caseload
- Exhibit original thinking and creativity in the development of new and improved methods and approaches to concerns/issues
- Function independently and responsibly with minimal need for supervision. Demonstrate initiative in achieving individual, team and organizational goals and objectives
- Participate in OptumCare quality initiatives
- 5+ yrs. clinical experience
- Active, unrestricted NP or PA-C license to practice in the assigned state
- Nurse Practitioner Certification from either the ANCC/AANP or PA-C
- Valid driver's license and required liability insurance for personal vehicle
- Ability to effectively communicate with elderly and chronically ill patients and families
- Knowledge of chronic illnesses including: Alzheimer's, dementia and mental health conditions
- Ability to work independently in various clinical settings to include in home-visit setting
- Willingness and ability to travel within the agreed upon territory to conduct assessments either via their personal vehicle or public transportation, during business hours
- Ability to spend 1-2 hours at a time with a member in their home, which may be in understaffed/remote areas, in the presence of pets, or members/family members that are tobacco users
- Willingness to perform medical procedures for self and other provider's patients
- Familiarity with ICD-9 and CPT-4 coding
- Knowledge of duals populations who are enrolled in both Medicare and Medicaid
- Geriatric or Adult Medicine specialty.
- Bi-lingual or multi-lingual
Optum offers proactive, high touch services that are provider-led and patient-centric, delivering care to the patient in their individual residence, skilled nursing facilities, and assisted living or other congregate housing.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their health care needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.