To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Denver, CO
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Security Officer-Full Time-Graves
HSS Inc. • Denver, CO
Posted 17 days ago
Well known as a Denver institution and a 9th Avenue landmark for 60 years, Rose Medical Center has earned a reputation as Denver's "Baby Hospital" while becoming a leader in comprehensive women's services, internal medicine, endoscopy, heart and vascular care, orthopedics and total joint replacement, bariatric surgery, sports medicine and aesthetic surgery. Rose is honored to be recognized by several national organizations, including being rated as one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics, one of six hospitals recognized nationwide for Outstanding Nursing Quality by the American Nurses Association and being a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission. They welcome and respect the diversity of their patients, employees and physicians.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide a visible deterrence to crime, prohibited activities, or suspicious activities in public and non-public which may include but is not limited to areas such as the main building, outlying buildings, grounds, parking areas, stairways, tunnels, mechanical areas, or patient treatment areas
* Respond quickly and effectively to emergency and non-emergency situations
* Escort persons and assist facility personnel
* Be alert for activities, which could result in injury to a person or damage to or loss of property
* Communicate effectively with diverse people including clients or their representatives, client employees, visitors, or client vendors
* Comprehend and fulfill written or verbal instructions
* Write accurate, clear, and legible reports
* Maintain a positive working relationship with facility staff member
* Maintain a thorough knowledge of a facility and where applicable of multiple facilities
* Enforce and abide by all regulations and guidelines of the facility and HSS
* Perform other duties at the direction of or in the absence of the Security leader or Facility Security Representative
Shift Details: Sunday-Thursday: 23:00 to 07:00
High School Diploma or General Education Degree
Obtain applicable jurisdictional security licenses; may require motor vehicle driver's license; complete TEAM training, HSS and Facility New Employee Orientation upon employment with HSS. Ability to obtain client/contract specific licenses or certifications which may include, but is not limited to, CPR/First Aid, NRA, IAHSS, etc.
Prefer experience in dealing with the public in a customer service setting
Read, write, and speak English language; able to write routine reports and correspondence; possess basic computer skills; meet applicable license requirements; observe, walk, stand, sit, or drive for extended periods of time in various weather conditions; run, climb stairs, and carry fire extinguishers or other emergency equipment; help restrain or lift a person; occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds; frequently required to use hands, handle or feel objects or controls, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear; specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus; self-motivation and ability to work independent of immediate supervision.
HSS will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other status protected by law ~CB
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job ID: 5000204726706
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.