To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Francisco, CA
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
ExecuNet • San Francisco, CA
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Controller leads and directs the Finance and Accounting functions for the operations in North Falmouth, Massachusetts and Iceland, Kopavogur. Reporting directly to the Vice President and CFO Marine Group and dotted line into Group General Manager, this incumbent will be responsible for delivering value-added business analysis as well as reporting meaningful financial and operational metrics. He/she will function as an integral and dynamic member of the Executive Team and will function as a key driver of the organization’s objectives, strategies and tactics. The Controller will be responsible for developing a finance and accounting organization that is fully compliant with all Teledyne polices and guidelines as well as all applicable laws and regulations.
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
Other responsibilities include:
- Develop, implement, and maintain a strong system of policies, procedures and controls.
- Ensure accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of accounting data.
- Act as a liaison between the company, government, and auditors in providing required information.
- Play a key role in direct support of operations and manufacturing.
- Analyze, interpret and communicate complex financial and operational data.
- Manage the monthly closing process; ensuring reconciliations are performed accurately and in accordance with procedures.
- Develop and monitor the company’s annual Budget and monthly Forecasts processes.
- Coordinate the annual and daily cycle counting processes for all inventories.
- Coordinate and participate in internal and external financial audit activities.
- Analyze job costs and performance variances; proactively monitoring other metrics affecting the business and financial performance.
- Manage the accounting and finance group in North Falmouth and Iceland; coordinate with shared service function out of Daytona Florida.
- Manage the weekly cash forecast and reporting.
- Drive managed working capital improvement for the location.
- Provide financial advice to the Vice President and Group General Manager and to the Business Unit leadership staff.
- Ensure SOX compliance.
- Provide accounting leadership and guidance to subsidiary business unit in Iceland.
- Other activities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
- Experience in operational aspects of a manufacturing and engineering business.
- Recent controllership experience in a sizeable manufacturing organization.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of progressive accounting experience in a manufacturing organization with expertise in cost accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll.
- Excellent working knowledge of U.S. and international accounting standards.
- Excellent computer skills including MIS/ERP system, MS Office software.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a communication style that is direct and transparent.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Candidate must possess U.S. citizenship or be a "U.S. Person". (A U.S. Person is defined as a person who is a lawful permanent resident “Green Card holder” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101 (a)(20) or who is a ”Protected Individual” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).)
- MBA degree and/or CPA highly desirable.
- Experience in government/contracts accounting