To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Indianapolis, IN
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Director, Data Warehouse and Data Analytics Services - MI, IN, IL
UnitedHealth Group • Indianapolis, IN
Posted 17 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
To learn more about Technology careers with UnitedHealth Group, please click here.
Optum Director level managers are responsible for managing and providing direction to supervisors and project managers who are involved in delivery of contractually required hardware, software, and services deliverables for our state government customer information technology contracts and related projects.
Optum Directors are business specialists and technology generalists that manage, direct and interface with business clients. Align technology solutions with business strategies, working primarily with senior management. Optum Directors proactively identify opportunities, conduct analysis, needs assessments, cost/benefit assessments and broker other IT services.
- Manages and is accountable for professional employees and/or supervisors
- Sets team direction, resolves problems and provides guidance to members of own team
- Oversees the work activities of other supervisors and Project Managers
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address business and operational challenges
- Influences or provides input to forecasting and planning activities
- Product, service or process decisions are most likely to impact multiple groups of employees and/or customers (internal or external)
- Meets with and maintains key State Government customer relationships
- 10+ years of successful (on time, within budget) Director or Program Manager experience for projects of medium-to-large size including hardware, software, and services related deliverables
- 5+ years of hands-on overall experience with Data Warehouse and/or Data Analytics projects within the domain of program management
- 5+ years of experience with State Medicaid Data Warehouse/Data Analytics or Medicaid Management Information Systems projects large in size and complexity - equivalent Healthcare experience will be considered
- 7+ years of experience in communicating effectively, verbally and in writing, with senior level management?
- Understanding of Medicaid Program including Program management, Program Integrity and Federal Reporting (i.e., CMS 64)
- Experience in managing team of five (5)+ first-line supervisor and/or project management resources
- Experience managing and mentoring both direct reports as well as indirect (matrix) personnel
- Experience in managing contracts $10-25 million in yearly revenue
- Experience in leading teams including 50-100 employees and subcontractors
- Experience in managing multiple customer relationships
- Experience in managing vendor contracts (Statements of Work [SOW]) for Hardware, Software, and Services)
- Experience in business development planning; developing integration services proposals; government procurement; providing pre-sales technical support and designing technical solutions
- Experience with responding to state government RFPs
- Certified Project Management Professional
- Program Management Experience
- Ability to develop and negotiate win/win solutions to project and contract issues
- Ability to work with end users/customers to understand and developer requirements
- Experience with senior management level status reporting
- Experience with quality management
- Experience with budget Management
- Experience with project resource/staffing management
- Extensive experience with contract level change management
- Extensive experience with contract issue management
- Able to serve as a key escalation point for complex and/or critical contract issues
- Able to review work performed by others and provides recommendations for improvement
- Able to forecast and plan resource requirements
- Able to motivates and inspires other team members
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: program management, director, data warehousing, data analytics, Lansing, MI, Indianapolis, IN, Chicago, IL