To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
AkzoNobel Inc • Houston, TX
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
AkzoNobel creates everyday essentials to make people's lives more livable and inspiring. As a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, we supply essential ingredients, essential protection and essential color to industries and consumers worldwide. Backed by a pioneering heritage, our innovative products and sustainable technologies are designed to meet the growing demands of our fast-changing planet, while making life easier. Headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, we have approximately 46,000 people in around 80 countries, while our portfolio includes well-known brands such as Sikkens, International, Interpon, Eka and Chemcraft.
In North America, 4,500 employees work at more than 50 locations to support the Performance Coatings and Specialty Chemicals Business Areas. Consistently ranked as a leader in sustainability, we are dedicated to energizing cities and communities while creating a protected, colorful world where life is improved by what we do.
We’re a leading supplier of performance coatings with strong product technologies and brands. Our high-quality products are used by customers across the world to protect and enhance everything from ships, cars, aircraft, yachts and architectural components (structural steel, building products, flooring) to consumer goods (mobile devices, appliances, beverage cans, furniture) and oil and gas facilities. Major brands include Awlgrip, International, Interpon and Sikkens.
Our Protective Coatings Business Unit offers an extensive range of high-performance coatings for corrosion and fire protection for assets across a range of industries, both offshore and onshore. We are strong in up-stream offshore and power, and are an overall market leader with International® brand. We have good relationships within the oil and gas industry, and also service fire protection and engineering, while leading in technical service.
The Chemist finds and resolves sources of quality issues through the use of tools, procedures and equipment, to ensure that the products are being delivered according to the right product quality, and deploys ALPS (Lean) Quality Management with high priority.
• Provides testing of raw materials, production batches, and finished products by using standard (quality) procedures to meet specifications.
• Ensures escalation process (e.g. Performance Gap Reporting) is followed if batch adjustments/hits go beyond a certain level (trigger).
• Manages retained sample control and administration including related document collection, filing and disposal.
• Maintains technical information by retaining accurate records.
• Maintains verification/ calibration procedures.
• Partners with RD&I to ensure New Product Introduction procedures to production are followed. This includes inter-company product transfers.
• Supports in implementing new methods of test and the testing of new products, which includes Critical Testing for Quality and Predictive Test Methods.
• Promotes the current quality system through adhering to the elements and being familiar with the philosophy, quality statement, quality manual and procedures.
• Promotes the quality philosophy throughout the organization by setting a positive example and positively participating in cross-functional problem solving activities.
• Actively deploys ALPS foundations and ALPS Quality Management primary processes, with high priority.
• Is familiar and complies with all the applicable corporate as well as site and laboratory policies/procedures with regard to personal conduct, HSE and Product Safety & Regulatory Affairs (PSRA) standards.
B.S in Chemistry or degree
3 to 5 years’ relevant experience
Experience in paint and coatings strongly preferred
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both pre-employment background checks and drug screening. All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.