To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
EH&S Ergonomic Coordinator
Apex Life Sciences • SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Ergonomics Program Coordinator reports to the Ergonomics & Human Factors Program Manager and provides customer service, administrative, analytical, and data management support to the Ergonomics & Human Factors Program Team. This team currently consists of one Ergonomics Program Manager and one Ergonomics Specialist II. Indirectly, the program is supported by EH&S Specialists, who assist with basic ergonomics interventions at the individual/department level, and by an ergonomics contracting group who supports workers compensation evaluations through Disability Management Services. EH&S Specialists and the contracting group funnel all information and questions through the Ergonomics & Human Factors Program and follow program processes. The Coordinator will be the primary initial contact person for the program and will respond to and screen all inquiries received through the program email and phone line, schedule appointments, and interface with customers, stakeholders and vendors.
In support of the program, the Coordinator will screen ergonomics requests (3000+ requests annually); respond to and refer requests appropriately; maintain a database of detailed data, reports, resources, projects and metrics for the entire Ergonomics & Human Factors Team; provide low-level ergonomics support; perform basic interventions including information sharing and follow-up; track training and CalOSHA compliance; and implement customer satisfaction quality control measures for ergonomics. The Coordinator will manage access, inventory and facilities for two Ergonomics Labs used by campus and medical center employees. The coordinator will share information about the ergonomics reimbursement programs and will process and track all reimbursement request packets (150-200+ request packets annually).
The Coordinator will assist in creating and disseminating ergonomics resources, and with implementing continual process improvement as it relates to service provision, customer satisfaction, data management, and metric collection. Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to create and format visual presentations and resources.
The Coordinator will work closely with the Program Manager to track and analyze data, metrics and trends and to implement program initiatives, including complex projects, department issues, and compliance. The Coordinator must be able to work in a team environment, resolve issues appropriate for their level, and refer issues to the appropriate level(s) for resolution. The Coordinator must have a working knowledge of legal and compliance regulations; the ability to learn quickly; work independently; have excellent customer service, communication and organizational skills; and be able to successfully interface with faculty and staff at all levels of the enterprise who may be experiencing discomfort, non-occupational conditions or injuries at work. Successful candidates will be highly motivated, detail-oriented, take initiative, and have a strong desire to assist with program improvement and project management.
Essential Function (Yes/No)
(To be completed by Supervisor)
Customer Service, Communication and Administrative Support
- Serve as a primary point of contact and resource for the Ergonomics & Human Factors Program Team, EHS staff, stakeholders and customers at all levels of the organization
- Manage email resource account and phone line; Respond to all phone calls, emails and inquiries made to the program
- Screen all program requests and inquiries; respond appropriately using defined program guidelines and practices. Refer advanced issues to the correct team members for resolution
- Research relevant background history related to requests and compile and provide appropriate follow-up information to customers and team members
- Respond to low-level requests by providing information, remote support and follow-up to customers
- Apply legal and regulatory compliance protocol, including those related to injury reporting, workers compensation, labor union and ADA issues. Respond to reports of injuries within 24 hours
- Provide excellent customer service and support to employees who may be experiencing discomfort, injuries, or safety and health barriers. Understand when to involve supervisors and higher-level support
Program Support and Resource Development
- Prepare correspondence and other written materials for customers, stakeholders and leadership requiring some specialized knowledge of subject matter
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a large collection of ergonomics resources and outreach material, including the resource library and training and web-based resources. Apply software including graphics and video software (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.)
- Maintain, update and create multiple specialized products lists with guidance
- Work with supervisor to create SOPs, usage guides, and other program documentation
- Assist with project coordination and management for ergonomics initiatives
- Implement follow-up and customer service surveys
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and workshops
- Interface with vendors
- Order ergonomics program equipment and supplies
- Assist with development and implementation of short- and long-term projects
- Assist with continual process improvement
- Assist Program Manager with projects, training classes and workshops
Data Management, Analysis and Reporting
- Compile and track data and metrics related to all program efforts
- Receive, track, file and manage all intervention, evaluation, and project reports and documentation
- Track training, mitigation and project completion and compliance
- Assist in the development of and beta-testing of new software, tools and data management systems, including electronic form development and implementation and customer/quality improvement surveys
- Create and maintain program databases and shared files. Apply software including Office, Word, Adobe, specialized ergonomics software and apps, speech recognition, and other software for Mac and PC platforms
- Ensure cross-platform compatibility for program resources and communications
- Update links and resources shared via the website and other forums
- Compile and prepare reports for customers, leadership and stakeholders
- Receive, respond to, and process all reimbursement requests using defined procedures
- Refer all non-standard requests to supervisor and develop customized responses
- Perform follow-up ergonomics for reimbursement requests
- Track metrics and implement process improvement
- Maintain two Ergonomics Lab facilities (Mission Bay and Parnassus)
- Maintain and track inventory
- Maintain Ergonomics Lab calendars, schedule appointments. Control and track usage
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.