To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dallas, TX
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Commercial Real Estate Management Trainee
BOXER PROPERTY • Dallas, TX
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are searching for Commercial Real Estate Management Trainee to add to our office that will oversee all property management, maintenance construction/ renovation, budget planning, expense review and control, collections and tenant relations of assigned properties. The Junior Property Manager will serve as a support staff member to the Operations/Property Management Department, reporting directly to the Regional Property Supervisor and to the Property Asset Managers for assignment of duties and projects. Projects to include: research, surveys, data collections, interior and exterior inspections, and budget analysis. To meet financial objectives by collecting rent, forecasting requirements, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective action.
Recent College graduates are encouraged to apply! Business degree preferred.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform weekly, monthly, and quarterly (QA) inspections
- Maintain building systems and supervise all repairs
- Manage day to day operations of multiple properties, including 24/7 emergency response
- Assist Leasing Representative with their responsibilities to maintain high occupancy and retain existing tenants.
- Effectively communicate with tenants during their tenancy
- Read and interpret legal documents and contract service agreements
- Administer and coordinate collection procedures, collect rent, and follow up with delinquencies
- Enforce terms of the rental agreement and building rules
- Effectively communicate technical and financial information with maintenance staff, tenants and upper management
- Schedule and complete projects as assigned
- Manage and control operating expenses
- Analyze monthly and annual budgets and explain variances
- Participate in preparing annual operating budgets and maintain budgetary guidelines
- Initiate and manage capital projects
- Evaluate existing contracts and effectively negotiate new contract pricing
- Interview and hire site staff
- Supervise and train all property site staff
- Evaluate employee performance, including annual performance reviews
- Counsel underperforming employees and provide critical feedback to improve performance
- Manage safety programs, including employee training in fire safety, general emergency procedures, and use of emergency equipment
- Maintain building security measures, ensuring proper incident documentation and notification to upper management, and owners
- All other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple properties with the same performance level for all sites and meet company standards
- Knowledgeable in local, state, and federal laws that pertain to office/retail building management and tenant rights.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic and exhibit initiative to work independently
- Demonstrated high level of organizational skills paying close attention to detail
- Demonstrated multi-tasking and time management skills
- Awareness of safety, risk management and preventative maintenance procedures
- Project planning ability within a budget and required time frame
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher) and Yardi
- Advanced customer service skills to diplomatically communicate with customers
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently; excellent attention to detail
- Ability to listen, communicate (written and verbal), excellent grammar, spelling and proof reading skills and follow-up effectively with all staffing levels and clients/customers
- Ability to work independently, self-starter, energetic
- Ability to demonstrate good common sense and sound judgment
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years of related experience
- Must pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen
- Employee must have reliable transportation to and from work each day
Boxer Property offer a full benefits package, 401K, and PTO after 90 days.