To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
VP of Projects Construction
ExecuNet • Atlanta, GA
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Directs project management services over assigned Company client projects/regions/practices:
- Provides superior client service.
- Provides superior employee management.
- Contribute to the growth of the company.
- Enhance own professional and personal skills.
- Meet assigned financial targets.
Directing all project management activities according to assigned local, region, or national assignment for various project types for clients.
- Manage project budgets for subject properties and maintain monthly forecasts and cash flow analysis.
- Oversee project implementation and execution through completion of construction.
- Manage ground-up projects including programming, design, entitlements, bidding, permitting, and construction management.
- Build and carry out marketing and development initiatives to best deliver results to existing and potential clients.
- Oversee capital improvement/asset preservation programs with design and construction processes at multiple sites through local resources.
- Develop project budget including hard costs and soft costs and firm knowledge of construction cost/benefit analysis.
- Provide technical support; project budgeting and scheduling including Owner’s goals & objectives, site improvements, entitlements & permits, consultant selection; design team management, schedule creation and management, contractor selection and management, financial management including cash flows, anticipated cost reports and monthly reports.
- Assemble and manage required teams of consultants and contractors: 1) Negotiate contracts with each team member. 2) Interface with architects, client staff, property managers and vendors.
- Maintain client relationships and manage conflict resolution
- Provide appropriate level of on-site supervision to ensure project performance criteria are being met.
- Develop relationships with consultants/contractors/vendors and evaluate their performance.
- May perform development activities including but not limited to assisting with or leading the sourcing, pitching, and securing of new business and projects within local markets.
- Identify and address areas of concern regarding potential liabilities and risk (e.g., fee, our reputation, errors and omissions) to Management Committee and Region Manager.
- Assist Management Committee and Region Manager in the establishment and refinement of best practices of standards of excellence.
- Assist in training and developing Jones Lang LaSalle team members in the skills and understanding of firm procedures, methodology and practices expected for a successful project implementation.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use and application of all PDS technology as required for assigned projects. Ensure accurate management of all accounts receivables to maintain a level not to exceed planned working capital charge as set by corporate finance and the Regional Operations Manager.
- Assist Local PDS Team in meeting AGM numbers on a Regional and National level as determined on a yearly basis by the Management Executive Committee.
- Comply with all Jones Lang LaSalle policies and procedures, including but not limited to ethics and business practice.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution in Accounting, Business, Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management, strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and support Business Development initiatives.
- Minimum 15 years of progressively responsible experience in managing design and construction of multiple projects across a broad geography.
- Prior AHCA experience is essential.
- Experience leading and running numerous projects simultaneously
- Considerable experience commercial office design & construction, preferred.
- Experience working with Landlords, developers, and institutional owners.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to develop and cultivate business relationships with existing and prospective clients.
- A strong working knowledge of accounting and financial reporting, budgeting, scheduling and process as they relate to corporate real estate.
- Ability to lead individuals across a national platform to deliver superior results in client service. Ability to manage several medium and large ground-up development projects, major re-development projects, & corporate interiors projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, professional manner and computer literacy. Ability to handle multiple projects.
- Highly organized with strong analytical skills.
- Skill and interest in business development a strong plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and Project software.
- Flexibility with work hours and travel as needed.