To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Franklin, WI 53132
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Central Garden & Pet • Franklin, WI
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our Aquatics Segment is searching for a UPS Clerk in our Franklin, Wisconsin office. The UPS Clerk ensures timely processing of small parcels, preparing and affixing shipping labels on packed products and completing and maintaining all required paperwork, records and documents relating to Warehouse functions.
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ: CENT) is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet and lawn and garden supplies markets. Please see our website at www.central.com for additional company information.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Pick orders and prepares packages as needed for shipment prior to or by required date.
- Accurately creates shipments by verifying information through counts, weights, or measurements of outgoing items against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Monitors inventory levels in area of responsibility and creates replenishment requests as needed.
- Complete end of day report and file for reporting purposes.
- Utilize UPS Worldship for shipping and tracking packages.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Organizes and maintains cleanliness in area of responsibility.
- Other tasks as assigned.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Proficient in the use of computer software required to support work including Microsoft Office, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be able to operate a forklift or be certified within one month of hire.
- SAP and RF experience preferred.
- UPS Worldship experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds with or without accommodation.
- Plant environment with periodic visits to the office area.
- Exposed to any number of elements, but none present to the extent of being disagreeable.
- Noise level in the work environment varies with specific areas requiring hearing protection.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.