To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Midland, MI
- Edward Smits
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Logistics Service Coordinator - Midland, MI
Kelly Services • Midland, MI
Posted 17 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Are you seeking a more challenging, fulfilling new role in Logistics?
Are you an energetic customer service oriented individual?
If so, Kelly Services has JUST the role for YOU!
Kelly Services is seeking candidates for a Logistics Service Coordinator role with an industry leading, Fortune 500, global, chemical manufacturing company in Midland, MI! The Logistics Service Coordinator (LSC) – International Trade Operations (ITO) role is responsible for supporting the exporting and importing of Dow products in and out of North America by executing the International Marine Packed Cargo, Air Freight and Border crossing work processes.
• The role is responsible for the implementation of key elements of the International Logistic work processes that contribute to service improvements and cost optimization across the supply chain.
• Assisting in trend analysis to identify areas of improvement to be addressed with internal functions and external Logistics Service Providers, Freight Forwarders, Brokers and ocean carriers.
• Lead resolution via the following functional mailboxes: FNANACT, FNAITOS, FNAROUT, FNAWOOD, FNADOCC, FNAEXSG.
• Troubleshooting activities for Northern border crossing shipments and imports/exports for MPC & Air. Responsible for escalation and resolution with internal and external parties.
• Ownership & Maintenance of various modal Metrics related to above mentioned functionals.
• Run various weekly/monthly reports from SAP business objects, business warehouse and Diamond System Reporting
• Daily interaction with Freight Forwarder, Export Specialist, Order/Entry, Carriers, Plant Contacts and other internal partners for issue resolution.
• Monitor border crossing issues via functional mailboxes and resolve by e-mail or phone calls.
• Lead and/or participate in root cause investigations (RCI’s) of air and marine packed cargo shipment issues.
• Conducts face-to-face and virtual training classes relevant to the Marine Packed Cargo/Export Logistics work processes.
• Create and maintain MPC and Air export routes out of North America.
• Create Wood Certificates for : Australia, Indonesia, New Zealand, Tanzania and China (Singapore & Hong Kong).
• Create signed contracts for exports to China and Russia.
• Assign and maintain global document codes.
• Maintain reports and MPC & Air database.
• Bi-weekly OTD upload.
Associates degree preferred
2-3 years of work experience, preferably in Supply Chain
Knowledgeable in SAP, Business Objects and Diamond System Reporting is preferred.
Six Sigma GBPL preferred
Due to the high volume of responses anticipated, only qualified candidates will be contacted
This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position, you must use the “submit your resume” button. If you have questions about the position, you may contact the recruiter listed below recruiting for this position by email. However, your resume must be received via the “submit your resume” button included within. Please contact recruiter Ed Smits with questions, concerns, or email applications at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
At Kelly Services®, we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.