To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Francisco, CA
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
JLL • San Francisco, CA
Posted 8 days ago
We are seeking an Event Manager to lead a first class team delivering a large number of high profile events in an energetic, high tech, corporate environment.
This role requires an enthusiastic, proactive individual, an outstanding communicator with the ability to deliver incredible: customer service, organization, collaboration, leadership, and team development. The role is based in San Francisco.
- Oversee the full life cycle of events from inception, client collaboration and scheduling to implementation for experiences ranging from meetings to elaborate productions
- Design fun, educational, social and participatory events engaging the client population (in excess of 3,500 people across multiple locations)
- Lead the evaluation and feedback process post-event and create plan to implement changes and improvements
- Manage an events program and calendar for as many as 65 events per week in meeting and event spaces across multiple buildings
- Collaborate with other providers, acting as a single team with peripheral services to include internal and external production, catering, security, facilities, janitorial, movers, and equipment providers
- Communicate proactively, accurately and impeccably both verbally and in writing
- Maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction, as evidenced by post-event surveys and general client feedback
- Maintain Events Playbook - innovate and update regularly
- Comply with all requirements of the Client contract and meet or exceed Key Performance Indicators.
LEADERSHIP | STAFF MANAGEMENT
- Lead Manage, develop and supervise a professional friendly, creative, energetic, and detail-oriented team in the delivery of extraordinary events
- Provide excellent onboarding, training, and team building
- Actively support an environment of teamwork, co-operation, performance excellence and personal success
- Participate in the individual performance management program and personal development planning for members of the team
- Align with facilities leadership team as a manager and act in a manager capacity for anything at the site/s
- Act as an ambassador for JLL, adopting and maintaining the firm's core values of Teamwork, Ethics and Excellence
- Proactively develop and manage client relationships ensuring expected service levels are achieved or exceeded
- Foster an environment of constant, quality communication between the team and the client
- Comply with all requirements of the Client contract and meet or exceed Key Performance Indicators
- Deliver an exceptional quality of service to the client, as reflected by client feedback
FINANCE MANAGEMENT | COST CONTROL | PROFITABILITY
- Assist the Event Requestor, Client and Site Services Manager to achieve or exceed financial targets and ensure effective, efficient and economic operation of assigned responsibilities
- Ensure that operational expenditure for the site/s is managed within agreed budgets and identify efficiencies
- Assist with the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes for the site/s.
- As requested by the Regional/Site Services Manager, prepare current financial year budget spend reports (actual vs. budget, variance etc.).
- Manage payments to vendors where applicable, using available systems, complying with all relevant policies
- Provide accurate event, financial, and KPI reporting to both the client and JLL
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Hospitality, Facilities, Property, Business, or related field desirable
- 3+ years prior experience in events, facilities/property management, hospitality, or related field preferred
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience in events/ hospitality/facilities management, or related field
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Proficiency in a range of information technology tools and platforms
- Strong analytical, organizational and presentation skills
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, and effectively deal with stressful situations
- Self-motivated, confident, energetic, and flexible
About JLL JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. A Fortune 500 company, JLL helps real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. In 2016, JLL had revenue of $6.8 billion and fee revenue of $5.8 billion and, on behalf of clients, managed 4.4 billion square feet, or 409 million square meters, and completed sales acquisitions and finance transactions of approximately $136 billion. At the end of the first quarter of 2017, JLL had nearly 300 corporate offices, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 78,000. As of March 31, 2017, LaSalle Investment Management had $58.0 billion of real estate under asset management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com. JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas. As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business. Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do. Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are: * A "best company to work for' in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong * World's Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years * America's 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine * #1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com. Information Security Statement Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm's corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm's information technology are expected to follow the firm's guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL's commitment to equal opportunity.