To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Asheville, NC
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Nurse Practitioner or Physician Asst *5K Sign On* Long Term Care - Asheville, NC
UnitedHealth Group • Asheville, NC
Posted 21 days ago
Healthcare - Health Services
Serving millions of Medicare and Medicaid patients, Optum is the nation's largest health and wellness business and a vibrant, growing member of the UnitedHealth Group family. We're also the career home for Nurse Practitioners who bring compassion and passion, energy and focus to their work every day.
In this role, you will provide primary care to patients in long term care or community settings. You will be responsible for the delivery of medical care services to a pre - designated group of enrollees.
Listen to our NPs describe their work: Nurse Practitioner Video
- Deliver cost - effective, quality care to assigned members
- Manage both medical and behavioral chronic and acute conditions effectively in collaboration with a physician or specialty provider
- Perform comprehensive assessments and document findings in a concise / comprehensive manner that is compliant with documentation requirements and Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) regulations
- The NP is responsible for ensuring that all diagnoses are ICD9 / ICD10 coded accurately and documented appropriately to support the diagnosis at that visit
- The NP is responsible for ensuring that all quality elements are addressed and documented
- The NP will do an initial medication review, annual medication review and a post-hospitalization medication reconciliation
- Facilitate agreement and implementation of the member's plan of care by engaging the facility staff, families / responsible parties, primary and specialty care physicians
- Evaluate the effectiveness, necessity and efficiency of the plan, making revisions as needed
- Utilizes practice guidelines and protocols established by CPM
- May be required to participate in on - call program
- Travel between care sites mandatory
- After hour on call coverage may be required
- Understand the Payer / Plan benefits, Optum associate policies, procedures and articulate them effectively to providers, members and key decision - makers
- Assess the medical necessity / effectiveness of ancillary services to determine the appropriate initiation of benefit events and communicate the process to providers and appropriate team members
- Coordinate care as member's transition through different levels of care and care settings
- Continually monitor the needs of members and families while facilitating any adjustments to the plan of care as situations and conditions change
- Review orders and interventions for appropriateness and response to treatment to identify most effective plan of care that aligns with the member's needs and wishes
- Evaluate plan of care for cost effectiveness while meeting the needs of members, families and providers to decreases high costs, poor outcomes and unnecessary hospitalizations
Program Enhancement Expected Behaviors:
- Regular and effective communication with internal and external parties including physicians, members, key decision - makers, nursing facilities, Optum staff and other provider groups
- Actively promote the Optum programs in community (Skilled nursing facility, Assisted living facility, community) by partnering with key stakeholders (i.e.: internal sales function, provider relations, facility leader) to maintain and develop membership caseload
- Exhibit original thinking and creativity in the development of new and improved methods and approaches to concerns / issues
- Function independently and responsibly with minimal need for supervision
- Demonstrate initiative in achieving individual, team and organizational goals and objectives
- Participate in Optum quality initiatives
- Current, unrestricted NP license in the state of assignment or the ability to obtain
- Ability to obtain DEA licensure / Prescriptive Authority post - hire in states where applicable
- Nurse Practitioner national certification as ANP, FNP, or GNP required or the ability to obtain
- A clinical background in adult, family or geriatric specialties
- Past experience working in a nursing home or with seniors in other settings
- Intermediate level of proficiency in PC based word processing including Microsoft Word and Outlook
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their health care needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Nurse Practitioner Jobs, Geriatric Nurse Practitioner, NP, long term care, LTC, Assisted Living, Nursing Home, Primary Care, State of NC, Asheville
Job ID: 2551_717241
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.