To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
ExecuNet • Atlanta, GA
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Reporting to the Executive VP, COO, The SVP, Chief Information Officer will serve as a visionary leader responsible for directing and managing the information technology strategic plans, policies, programs and schedules for integrated information delivery channels and related business units at the Credit Union, including but not limited to eServices, Business Applications & Analytics, Enterprise Content Management, Information Technology and Project Management. This position is an engaging member of the senior management team and works collaboratively with cross-functional business unit leaders of the credit union to deliver on the credit union's mission by leveraging the credit union's brand and upholding the company's core values. This position is responsible for maintaining a high performing team that positions the credit union to achieve growth and competitive advantage with its member experience.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES (in descending order of importance)
- Serves as a member of the Strategic Planning Team. Develops, prioritizes and leads strategic IT and operational planning to help achieve the credit union's vision, goals and objectives
- Chairs the IT Steering Committee.
- Oversees and partners with the credit union's key IT vendor partners, including but not limited to, the credit union's core processing system, and all key ancillary system vendor partners to ensure all systems and technologies are leveraged to its fullest potential and that the credit union maximizes its profitability and ROI.
- Develops and establishes annual budgets, plans, operating polices, IT organizational best practices and approaches for all information technology channels and IT business units. Ensures IT business units are allocating their time and resources efficiently to meet technology demands and other strategic initiatives.
- Advises and collaborates with senior leadership and business unit leaders to best leverage NCU's information technology in order to improve results throughout the credit union. Looks for ways to improve processes to gain efficiencies and optimize both the internal/external member experience. Maintains or exceeds set Service Level Agreement (SLAs) standards.
- Establishes and/or approves strategic goals for IT business unit leaders as well as manages, directs and oversees the activities of IT business unit leaders. Ensures a trained, highly-motivated and professional staff capable of providing service that will continually elevate the internal/external member experience. Develops employees to their fullest potential and provides challenging work experiences that will spark positive job essence, create brand promoters and enhance career growth. Monitors results, and provides timely, candid and constructive feedback and performance reviews as required. Coaches and counsels staff, as necessary, and recommend the discipline or discharge of employees when warranted.
- Drives the data mining and strategy initiative for the credit union. Ensures reporting needs are met and data analysis continually expands for management to understand their activities in order to make key business decisions.
- Reviews and approves major contracts for information technology services and equipment. Delegates this authority to IT managers when permitted by credit union policy.
- Partners with the Chief Risk Officer and designated staff to ensure the security of the credit union's information systems, communication lines and equipment.
- Develops strategies and the overall direction of the credit union's eServices channel by identifying enhancements to products and services, including online banking, card services, ATM, mobile applications, and all other electronic channels.
- Approves and prioritizes all IT-related projects. Champions the project management initiative and oversees project management leadership to ensure that appropriate project management tools, techniques, evaluations, due diligence and risk assessments are utilized. Ensures appropriate budgets and timelines are set and followed, as well as, appropriate project tracking and communication protocols are established and followed.
- Understands needs of the business lines and credit union members. Oversees the development, design and implementation of new applications and changes to existing IT infrastructure, computer systems, software packages and networks. Evaluates overall operations of information technology functions and recommends enhancements.
- Ensures compliance with IT disaster recovery plan requirements.
- Keeps current with emerging technologies and assesses them to determine potential value to the credit union. Researches industry trends and ensures the credit union IT structure and equipment is appropriate to meet external members and internal end-user needs and is in support of business plans.
This position requires a Bachelor's Degree in computer information systems, computer science or closely related field.
- 10 years of previous progressively responsible experience is required. Prior experience working in the financial services field is highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Strong service orientation and a desire to elevate the member experience.
- Strong understanding of data processing and ancillary systems, personal computers, network technologies, electronic delivery systems, business applications, business analytics and project management is required.
- Ability to lead and motivate teams and communicate at the highest of levels, both written and verbally, within the organization is required. Must be able to conduct presentations to the Board of Directors, Senior Management, and all levels of staff in an engaging and competent manner.
- Strong teamwork and cross-departmental collaboration is required.
- Excellent organizational, planning, analytical, negotiating, problem-solving and decision making skills are required.
- Ability to handle multiple projects/priorities simultaneously with an effective outcome.
- PC proficient, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and the Internet.
- Ability to travel on behalf of the credit union, as required.