To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
VP of Real Estate
ExecuNet • Houston, TX
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This position is responsible for developing and executing plans to meet the Company’s store growth goals. This person will play a key role in establishing market strategies, analyzing extensive, relevant data and collaborating with internal sales partners to execute real estate transactions that support the growth goals of Company.
• College degree, professional accreditation with a track record of success in the retail real estate sector
• Experience dealing with brokers, landlords and developers in various markets with strong negotiation skills
• Ability to understand complex real estate, financial, sales, demographic and market data in order to build and execute effective market strategies that benefit the overall enterprise
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong ability to read, analyze and interpret contracts and related documents.
• Working level of MS Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and GIS mapping software.
• Proven strategy and planning ability with exceptional attention to detail.
• A track record of successful leadership experience to manage a team with minimal supervision.
• Flexibility for work-related travel.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
Real Estate Development
• Analyzes existing and potential location performance by understanding the company financial results, its strengths and weaknesses and its competition.
• Develops and implements action plans to strengthen relative market position through collection and analysis of data while also using experience, market knowledge and other inputs to compliment data.
• Researches and recommends new markets for company expansion.
• Identifies, presents, and implements real estate solutions for existing and potential locations.
• Manages and develops master and local brokerage contacts.
• Negotiates lease related transactions, including leases, renewals/extensions, and terminations.
• Handles Non-operating Lease Liabilities (NOLL) to disposition and resolution.
• Presents potential sites and related materials to Real Estate Committee for approval.
Other Departmental Functions
• Develops tools, KPI’s and dashboards to reflect performance of the real estate organization
• Leads efforts to ensure bench strength, development of associates and succession planning in areas of responsibility.
• Manages spend to ensure efficiency, developing and implementing cost savings measures where possible.
• Coordinates, directs and manages the efforts of subordinates.
• Delegates work assignments, matching the responsibility to the person.
• Sets expectations for subordinates and monitors delegated activities.
• Provides continual feedback to subordinates.
• Performs formal, written review for all subordinates, at least once/year.
• Coaches and disciplines employees, as needed.
• Hires and trains new department employees, as needed.
• Interacts with all levels of management to communicate real estate plans and developments.
• Completes other projects and special assignments as requested by supervisor and/or Senior Management.