To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Francisco, CA
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Project D/B Design Manager (ID# 33956)(Senior Engineering Manager)
WSP / USA • San Francisco, CA
Posted 8 days ago
Experience - Greater than 15 years
Degree - 4 Year Degree
Other Great Industries
Engineering, Strategy - Planning, Design, Management
About WSP USA WSP USA, formerly WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms—WSP. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 7,000 people in 100 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. wsp.com. We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Project Design Manager for the US Transportation & Infrastructure Sector to service the San Francisco Bay Area. We are looking for someone with experience working with major contractors utilizing various delivery methods, with a focus on design-build delivery for major transit or highway/bridge construction. The successful candidate will have demonstrated a strong track record of winning and delivering design-build projects, exceeding expectations relative to budget, quality and schedule requirements. This will include leading design teams, delivering commercially based design solutions and managing the various deliverables; effectively scoping and packaging the work plus managing and controlling the design process from preliminary solutions through the production of as-built documentation across the lifecycle of the design process. In addition, the candidate should have a desire to continuously pursue innovation and development, with a focus on delivering and improving the design service in the design-build environment. Responsibilities:
- Profitably deliver large transportation design-build projects.
- Work with other managers, project engineers, and discipline leads to develop budgets, schedules and clear project delivery plans.
- Work closely with contractor clients, lead and manage the development of the design scope through the lifecycle from inception/tender to construction completion.
- Drive innovative solutions during bid and delivery phase.
- Ensure quality deliverables throughout the project lifecycle.
- Undertake regular coordination/design reviews with the design and commercial teams to actively manage change and ensure timely submission of Early Warnings and Change Orders.
- Assist and mentor the professional development of future design managers and Project Managers.
- Ensure consistency of the design of the various portions of the projects with respect to adherence to the design criteria, multiple interfaces, required standards and the approval process.
- Proactively drive safety and ensure that health, safety, environment and security requirements are properly considered and included in all stages of the design process.
- Proactively drive the Risk Management
- Manage the responses to design RFIs (Request for Information)
- Carry out periodic and end of phase/project reviews and audits with the contractors and design teams to ensure that lessons learned are captured, shared and used to inform/improve future project delivery.
- Recent experience of delivering winning bids profitably and timely.
- Proven track record of delivering design-build projects ranging from $500 million to $1 billion plus.
- Strong technically based leadership skills with proficient understanding of multi engineering disciplines and technical design standards.
- Strong project management skills.
- Broad knowledge of construction, design and management of major highway/bridge projects.
- Understanding of environmental requirements of horizontal infrastructure construction.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to form effective relationships
- Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor Degree in Engineering with a minimum of 17 years of experience managing design, including at least 5 years of direct D-B delivery experience in a management capacity. Ability to work in the US immediately required.
Job ID: 33956
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.