To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
ExecuNet • Houston, TX
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Reporting to the President and CEO, the Chief Operations Officer (COO) will lead, manage and direct the forensic operations in a manner that develops, builds and continually enhances a premier forensic science center that engenders public confidence in its ability to provide accurate, unbiased, and timely analysis of forensic evidence and related services. The successful applicant will have direct oversight responsibility for the following forensic disciplines: Controlled Substances, Crime Scene, Digital and Multimedia, Firearms, Forensic Biology, Latent Print Lab, and Toxicology. He/she will function as a member of the HFSC executive leadership team, with responsibility for supporting the President and CEO in the general management of the corporation. Upon approval from the HFSC Board of Directors, the COO will also serve as Vice President of the corporation.
Experience and Skills:
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
This position requires a Master’s degree in a scientific discipline with scientific credentials (Ph.D. or MD) strongly preferred. Certification in forensic discipline also desirable.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A minimum of 10 years’ applicable work experience with increasing levels of responsibility, including at least five years’ experience in an executive leadership role, is required. A record of successful management and leadership also required with a strong preference for leadership experience in a forensic science organization.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Candidates should possess a broad range/depth of experience across a wide variety of forensic disciplines, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Ability to plan at both strategic and operational levels
- Proven ability to lead and manage people across a variety of disciplines
- Understanding of process and quality, i.e., ability to understand how to work product through the organization in a timely, efficient manner to achieve quality, accurate, unbiased outcomes.
- Exceptional communication skills that promote, establish and build relationships with partners and clients
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment
- Experience with mergers, acquisitions and business partnerships highly desirable
- Ability to function effectively in a highly visible, public environment; comfortable interfacing with a variety of constituents and stakeholders
- Ability to effectively manage change and transition.
- Demonstrated character and integrity.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office - Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint