To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Herndon, VA 20170
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) Technician
EMCOR Group, Inc • Herndon, VA
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) Technician
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services has an immediate need for a UPS Technician in Herndon, VA, one must be able to obtain and maintain an ISSA TS/SCI w/Poly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain, troubleshoot, repair, recondition, and service low and high voltage Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) systems, both static and flywheel design and ancillary power system?s related components.
- Assist with the day to day electrical maintenance throughout the facility.
- Review electrical drawings, prepare scopes of work, and manage electrical projects performed in house and by subcontractors. Submit electrical related reports, interface with customers concerning electrical/UPS equipment status, order materials, provide recommendations pertaining to UPS and electrical systems on site, be subject matter expert concerning UPS system operation/maintenance/repairs and upgrades on-site.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair UPS and electrical equipment malfunctions and failures on site.
- Perform preventive maintenance on UPS and associated equipment.
- Advise/make recommendations for repairs or improvements to UPS or related electrical equipment.
- Plan and control cost of repair jobs and prepare service/inventory reports on a timely basis.
- Review electrical drawings/schematics; work with Electrical Coordinator and High Voltage Electricians during routine maintenance, testing, troubleshooting and scheduled equipment outages.
- Monitor subcontractors and vendors in their tasks and provide documentation when needed.
- Attend meetings with Client and USG/ provide corrective solution to site issues.
- Comply with all company policies, procedures and standards.
- Respond to electrical outages/emergencies at the site.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide on-the-job training to Electricians and other trades as assigned.
- Develop and submit site reports pertaining to UPS and electrical equipment.
- Communicate with proper individuals to clarify instructions or discuss scope or progress of job.
- Demonstrated technical skill and competence pertaining to UPS and ancillary equipment.
- Knowledge and skills to operate current diagnostic equipment and provide recommendations based upon equipment diagnostics.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical drawings and schematics.
- Ability to improvise when best solutions are not available.
- Knowledge of single line electrical drawings.
- Understanding of commercial power supply, UPS and generator interface.
- Working knowledge of safety requirements while working on high voltage systems.
- Familiar with the National Electrical Code and site implications.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI w/Poly security clearance.
- Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Must possess and maintain a Journeyman License or Associate Degree.
- Must have certificates of accomplishment from multiple UPS Manufacturers.
- Five or more years? experience in maintenance and repairs on Commercial-Industrial Building electrical equipment to include 13.2 kV Switchgear, Motors, Control Systems, Transformers, Electrical Panels, MCCs, VFDs, Generators and ATS.
- Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write) in English.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints, schematics and specifications.
- Possess Electrical/UPS OEM training desired (Liebert/Emerson, APC/MGE, EATON/Powerware, Siemens, and ABB UPS).
Physical Requirements: Heavy physical effort (lift/carry up to 75 lbs.)
- Work in adverse weather conditions as needed.
- Push/pull or move/lift equipment, supplies, and parts.
- Prolonged, extensive standing/walking.
- Considerable reaching, stooping, kneeling and crouching.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled