To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Eden Prairie, MN
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Consultant - Lewin Group - Falls Church, VA or Eden Prairie, MN
UnitedHealth Group • Eden Prairie, MN
Posted 29 days ago
We'll put you in the driver's seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. We need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel ours. It's the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Lewin Group is a premier national health care and human services consulting and policy analysis firm with 45 years of experience finding answers and solving problems for leading organizations in the public, non-profit, and private sectors. Lewin's strategic and analytical services aim to help clients:
- Improve policy and expand knowledge of health care and human service systems
- Enact, run, and evaluate programs to enhance delivery and financing of health care and family services
- Deal with shifts in health care practice, technology, and regulation
- Optimize performance, quality, coverage, and health outcomes
- Create strategies for institutions, communities, associations, foundations, governments, and people to make health care and human services systems more effective
In the wide-ranging field of human services consulting, The Lewin Group provides both depth and breadth of expertise. Lewin has more than 300 consultants drawn from industry, government and academia. They all share a strong commitment to Lewin’s core values of objectivity, integrity, analytical innovation, vision and dedication to client satisfaction.
The Lewin Group provides research and consulting services including program planning and development, implementation services, and post-implementation analytics and evaluation to assist the federal government in designing programs that improve the health and well-being of the nation’s citizens.
Senior Consultants direct and manage large projects or a series of smaller projects, ensuring that all projects are conducted with sound methods and techniques. Successful candidates will have significant quantitative or qualitative research experience in the specific content area as well as experience in business development, staff supervision, grant or proposal writing, and program evaluation. Senior Consultants contribute to business development at Lewin by managing proposal efforts and identifying new business opportunities with existing clients.
Key responsibilities include:
- Directing and managing projects
- Responsibility for project budget management, deliverables, client relations, and staff supervision
- Contributing to business development
- Managing several direct reports
- Advanced quantitative and/or qualitative analysis
- Particular experience with Medicaid/Medicare claims data (highly preferred)
- Master’s degree with 7+ years of post-graduate experience or a Ph.D. with 5+ years of post-graduate experience
- 2+ years of experience supervising direct reports
- 3+ years of experience managing mid-large scale projects including but not limited to staff, subcontractors, tasks, timelines etc. required
- Expertise in any of the following areas: policy analysis, program evaluation, program integrity, informatics, strategic planning and process improvement
- PMP (Preferred)
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 14, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.