To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Employee Relations Manager
GardaWorld Cash Services • Houston, TX
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
GardaWorld is seeking to add a Employee Relations Manager to its team. This position will be based out of our Richardson, TX Branch and support the Central Region.
- Assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
- Analyzes and advises operations management on disciplinary actions including terminations, for legal compliance and adverse impact.
- Assists operations management with disciplinary documents and labor agreement interpretation issues.
- Recommends coaching and counseling techniques to managers.
- Investigates and recommends actions for site grievances and employee complaints of sexual harassment, discrimination, and disparate treatment.
- Facilitates training and development for operations management, supervisors and employees.
- Negotiates and administer labor agreements.
- Serve as an organizational resource in educating employees on organized labor issues.
- Supports branch, district, and regional managers in representing the organization at personnel related hearings and investigations.
- Assures compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Assists with achieving DOT compliance for applicable employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related area, advanced degree a plus (i.e. JD or MBA)
- MUST HAVE A minimum of 1-3 years Labor Relations experience.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification a plus.
- Experience conducting investigations and recommending discipline
- Experience with Union organizing campaigns and awareness training with operators
- Experience in grievance handling and arbitration preparation
- Willing and able to travel 60%+ by air and automobile; driver's license required
- Excellent written, oral and reading communication skills are required in order to accurately obtain, interpret and transcribe
- a variety of communications and instructions.
- Ability to give clear oral and written instructions and have the ability to train designated employees.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office for Windows (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access) is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to adjust and interact with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to multitask while remaining organized; able to set priorities and meet deadlines.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
We offer competitive wages and a great benefits package for full time employees: medical, dental, vision, holiday pay, paid vacation, 401K plan and much more!
Candidates must meet the company's hiring criteria to include a pre-employment background investigation and drug test.