To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Newton, NJ 07860
- Trevor Friel
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Inside Sales/Store Management Opportunities
Mattress Firm • Newton, NJ
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Interested to find out why employees review Mattress Firm as “a great place to work!" on Glassdoor.com and why Forbes recognizes us as one of America’s Best Large Employers?
Mattress Firm has grown to become the largest specialty bedding retailer in the world with over 3,500 retail locations. As big as we are, we are not done growing yet! We have an aggressive expansion plan and are looking for passionate and dedicated individuals to join our Sales Manager in Training Program.
Regardless of how much sales or management experience you’ve had over the years or what you studied in college, you can rest assured that with our Sales Manager in Training Program, Mattress Firm will provide you with the tools you need to improve lives one night at a time. In addition to an extensive eight week paid training program, Mattress Firm will provide you a career path that will keep this from being just a stop on your resume. Nearly 100% of our field management team started in the Sales Manager in Training Program. In addition to careers in field leadership, many people in the organization have also taken on positions in warehouse operations, marketing, merchandising, loss prevention, talent acquisition, training and more.
You can also rest easy because we offer a great compensation package that includes a guarantee versus uncapped commission + monthly bonus opportunities! Not only do we offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, vision, 401K, tuition reimbursement and paid vacation, we also provide an employee purchase program so you, too, can be sleeping happy!
At Mattress Firm, we promote from within, reward success and foster a culture of fun and friendship. There has never been a better time to see what Mattress Firm can mean to you!
As a Sales Manager, you have the opportunity to explore your entrepreneurial side. You will be engaged with inside retail sales, marketing, and business development while providing quality customer service.
Additional responsibilities of a Sales Manager include:
· Driving sales to meet or exceed budget
· Executing the company’s selling program
· Providing excellent customer service during and after the sale
· Maintaining awareness of competitor’s advertisements and services offered
· Completing assigned training and development
· Participating in company/vendor training classes to remain current on products, offerings, and programs
· Ensuring assigned stores are to company standards
· Following opening and closing procedures and balancing of books
· Ensuring policies and state regulations are followed
· Managing merchandise through verifying open orders daily, transferring merchandise, bagging floor models for transfers and/or customer pickups
· Communicating with management to keep them informed
· Assisting in the administrative functions of the store
· Completing other projects and specials assignments as requested by supervisor
· Ensuring merchandise and POP is current and displayed appropriately
· Ensuring consistency of store pricing
· Managing the movement of damaged, discontinued, and slow moving merchandise
Candidates should possess superior communication and customer service skills. Ideal Sales Managers will have experience with inside sales, marketing, and business development.
Additional requirements of a Sales Manager include:
· Results Driven
· Service Oriented
· Strong fit within organization’s culture
· Fast thinker with high self- motivation
· Demonstrates honesty and integrity
· Ability and willingness to work weekends, evenings, and holidays
· Bachelor’s degree, Military Experience or 5 years of sales, customer service, or management experience; or a combination of education, military and experience equivalent to five years (sales is defined as work that involves a great deal of customer contact, persuasion, selling of services/products – examples can include retail sales, restaurants serving/bar-tending or similar)
· Microsoft Office Products
Mattress Firm is committed to providing a safe work environment. All employees will be subject to a pre-employment background screen as a part of our onboarding.
Candidates with interest the following industries should apply:
Customer service, retail, retail management, retail sales, sales management, restaurant management, restaurant services, customer relations, marketing and sales, entry level sales, entry level management, store manager, manager in training, etc.