To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
- Jordan Diminich
- Phone: 775-448-0208
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
IGT • Houston, TX
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This position is located in Providence, RI
IGT is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines and Lotteries to Interactive and Social Gaming. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world, and create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity, and responsibility. IGT has over 12,000 employees.
The Accoutning Manager position is responsible for supporting the corporate accounting function with specific involvement in the worldwide accounting and management of long-term incentives (stock compensation) short-term incentives, accounting for debt related activity, account reconciliations, and financial reporting. Additionally, this position ensures compliance with SOX control and documentation requirements, supports SOX process improvements initiatives, and assists with the monthly close and reporting process. This role requires extensive interaction and coordination with various functional areas within the Company including human resources, financial planning, treasury, international operations, tax, legal, payroll, and corporate reporting and accounting.Principal Activities and Responsibilities
- Worldwide management of all confidential long-term incentive (stock options, restricted stock and other equity awards) related accounting. Prepare monthly journal entries for stock related activity and associated annual budget and quarterly forecasts. Includes the implementation of new stock related technical US GAAP and IFRS accounting pronouncements and updates. Coordinates the work of independent appraisers with respect to the valuation of stock grants
- Worldwide management of all confidential short-term incentive related accounting (bonus plan, sales incentive plan, building excellence), including the implementation of new employee benefit related technical US GAAP and IFRS accounting pronouncements and updates
- Responsible for the accounting of all debt activity including accounting position papers, monthly journal entry review and reconciliations, and quarterly covenant certification calculation reviews
- Assist with monthly close activities including preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations with relevant supporting documentation
- Assist with the preparation of the financial statement footnotes (Equity, Debt, etc.) for the Annual and Quarterly Reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, along with the preparation of related schedules for the Company’s Statutory Reporting Package required by the Company’s majority shareholder
- Ensure compliance with SOX internal control requirements with respect to the Equity, Incentives, Treasury Financing, and Accrual cycles. Ownership of SOX process documentation including annual/periodic review and updates, process improvements, etc.
- Perform key control activities identified for the Equity, Incentives, Treasury Financing, and Accrual cycles including retention of control support.
- Assist in the coordination of annual audit, quarterly reviews, and periodic audit activities of internal and external auditors
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting required; CPA required
- 4-8 years of relevant experience, public accounting experience a plus
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of US GAAP; IFRS a plus
- Experience within a multinational business, preferred
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work; ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Proficient in MS Excel and Office; SAP, BPC, and Equity Comp software experience a plus