To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Ashland, KY
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Registered Nurse (RN)
Stonerise at Home • Ashland, KY
Posted 17 days ago
Healthcare - Health Services
Health Care, Nurse
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Stonerise Healthcare strives to be the best employer and provider of senior care solutions in every community we serve. We enrich the lives of those with whom we work and serve through principles, passion and purpose. Come work for Stonerise Healthcare,we are looking to add enthusiastic members to join our center, as a Home Health Registered Nurse that believes in serving with passion and doing the right thing. You will provide direct nursing care to acutely and/or chronically ill patients/residents through individualized care plans, in compliance with state and federal standards, rules, and regulations, and facility policies and procedures.
The Home Health Registered Nurse will perform complex technical and professional skills such as assessment, education, crisis intervention and other skills that may or may not be appropriately delegated to LPNs. The Registered Nurse will be responsible for ensuring work is within the scope of practice and according to professional standards.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to determine home care needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
- Regularly re-evaluates patient nursing needs.
- Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change.
- Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
- Develops a care plan, which establishes goals based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventive, and rehabilitative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan of care.
- Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development and implements prior to discharge of the patient.
- Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor and assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned caseload.
- Prepares clinical notes and updates the primary physician when necessary and at least every 60 days.
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient’s needs and reports any changes in the patient’s condition; obtains/receives physician’s orders as required.
- Communicates with community health related persons to coordinate the care plan.
- Participates in on-call duties as defined by the on-call policy.
- Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are available.
- Instructs, supervises and evaluates home health aide care provided every two (2) weeks.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. One (1) to two (2) years of recent acute care experience in an institutional setting.
- Current licensure in West Virginia and CPR certification.
- Bachelor’s degree, with one (1) year of home health care experience preferred.
- Management experience not required. Responsible for supervising home health aides.
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.
- Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift, position or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling or crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.