To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Francisco, CA
- Phone: 8662215345 option 5
- Phone:: 866.723.6885
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Smart-Home Automation Technician
GEEKS ON SITE • San Francisco, CA
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Geeks on Site is a US based nationwide company and a market leader for over 13 years in computer repair and technical support services. We are committed to both our residential and business customers in providing the best service in any corner of the country, whether it be remote online service or our technicians dispatched to your home or office.
We are currently hiring Smart Home Technicians & Home Automation Specialists to service our residential and small business customers.
This is a 1099 independent contractor position. Technicians are responsible for having their own tools and vehicle (including vehicle maintenance). We will cover expenses for gas in excess of 30 miles, and other site related expenses.
- 1-year minimum experience Smart Home environments or experience with Building Automation, Trane, Automated Logic, Johnson, Delta and/or other Smart Home automation Controls;
- 2 years
- Strong working knowledge of complex HVAC and electrical systems, equipment, and applications; including general construction practices;
- Advanced technical knowledge and skills in Computerized Maintenance Management Systems, Computerized Building Automation Systems, CAD, BIM, electronics, electrical systems, climate control systems, refrigeration, lighting controls, ventilation equipment, media devices and any other technological home equipment.
- In depth knowledge of smart phone applications for home automation integrations used as a hub for central control systems for Home Power networks. Adept in IOS and Android app management for device configuration.
- Experienced in an extensive range of HVAC and electrical systems and other electronic home devices supplied by a wide range of major brands and players within the home automation and smart Power Home industries
- Strong technical computer skills and background
- Installs, disconnects, reconnects, adds, changes, and troubleshoots video, telephony, and high-speed Internet services and other remote enabled technology and electronic powered devices at customer locations.
- Takes whatever actions are required to deliver a great customer experience by completing work to the highest quality standard in the most productive manner.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Installs troubleshoots and maintains new heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) control systems, direct digital control (DDC) programs, electronic and building automation control equipment and systems.
- Conducts configuration, installation and preventive maintenance repairs including, but not limited to, all types of DDC, pneumatic, variable frequency drives and electrical control systems used for the automation control of HVAC equipment.
- Home / Onsite Visits. Outside a customer’s premises or within a customer’s home for the configuration and networking of devices from a single remote or hub.
- Programming, networking, and configuration of home devices Installation: Installs, upgrades, and/or disconnects home products and services including video, telephony, and HSI following prescribed procedures. Uses small hand tools, power tools, and test equipment. Ensures that service operates within prescribed parameters.
- Troubleshooting: Attempts to identify and remedy configuration issues of video, telephony, and high-speed Internet services and other remote enabled technology and electronic powered devices
- Consults with supervisor and other technicians for advice and assistance as needed.
- Interacts with customers in a professional, courteous manner and Educates customers in the use of installed products.
- Completes paperwork accurately, and reports and records work order status updates. Ensures that customer completes invoice. Explains charges and billing procedures. May also collect money/payment from customer
- Follows all Company standard safety practices in the course of performing work activities.
- 18 years of age
- Valid state driver’s license and a good driving record
- One year of work experience in a comparable field
- Minimum of one year of direct customer service experience
- PC and Windows software skills
- Stable work history
Technicians are compensated for time on-site and parts purchased for customers. $25 to $35/hour for time spent at client sites; 1-hour minimum/job. Commissions and over mileage expenses paid in addition.