To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
31 Milk Street
Boston, MA 02109
- Adelina Doko
- Phone: 212-532-2211
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Forensic Mechanical/Structural Engineer/Architect
DeSimone Consulting Engineers • Boston, MA
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
DeSimone Consulting Engineers is seeking Forensic Mechanical/Structural Engineers and Forensic Architects to support our growing operations of the Forensic and Property Loss Consulting practices.
In addition to our award-winning structural design services, DeSimone provides technical assistance, analysis and investigative services to the Insurance and Legal communities. With a focus on pre- and post-loss investigation, analysis, cause and origin determination, DeSimone experienced professionals provides best-in-class service when the built environment is impacted by the adverse conditions.
Forensic Mechanical Engineer: Candidates will diagnose HVAC and plumbing conditions, design the corresponding repairs, and manage investigation and litigation support projects involving damage to structures from accidents, catastrophes, construction defects and/or other adverse conditions.
Forensic Architect: Candidates will investigate and diagnose building envelope conditions as well as complete design of existing structures and new construction. The candidate will support the investigation and litigation projects involving damage to structures from various accidents.
The Forensic Structural Engineer: Candidates will assist in determining the cause of structural failures and the design of corresponding repairs. The position also involves investigating and analyzing various projects to resolve claims and legal disputes and provide expert testimony.
Qualifications for all candidates
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency in both manual and software-assisted calculation and analysis
- Ability to efficiently work on projects independently or as part of a team.
- Coordinate with other team members and project managers on interdisciplinary efforts and in the support of marketing efforts.
- Strong business development skills and an interest in assisting with building a business.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and AutoCAD software
- Ability to travel locally and out of region
- Ability to work in adverse field conditions (at height, in confined spaces, etc.)
Forensic Mechanical Engineers Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Professional Engineer License
- Minimum 10 years of experience in mechanical and plumbing design, investigation and repair design, including field experience
- Technical knowledge of mechanical design and repair
Forensic Structural Engineer Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering (Structural Engineering emphasis) or related field
- Professional Engineer License
- Minimum 10 years of experience in structural design, investigation and repair design, which includes field experience
- Technical knowledge of structural design and repair
Forensic Architect Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Architecture or related field
- Minimum 10 years of experience in building envelope investigation and repair design, which includes field experience
- Technical knowledge of building envelope design and repair
Preferred Skills for all Positions
- Masters degree in position discipline
- Working knowledge of Building Codes, local codes, and the ICC family of codes and applicable reference standards.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills as well as field documentation skills.
- Strong design and detailing ability.
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple medium sized projects and staff.
- Ability to seek and nurture client relationships.
Health benefits, Medical Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Short term and Long term disability Insurance
15 days of Paid time off
8 paid holidays plus a floating holiday
Transit & Parking Exemptions
Employee Gym Reimbursement
Employee Referral Program